Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 02-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
Big4x4ride

Big4x4ride is on a distinguished road
Front clip

How in the hell do I remove the front clip on my sami???
Old 02-28-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
there are about 12 10mm bolts all along the inside by the fire wall on each side and under in the fender well. you have to take the door hinges off and remove the body mount bolts up by the head lights. Also on the passenger side there a 2 bolts that hold you brake junction thinga-ma-bob through the fender and those have to come off too. I have had mine off so many times I got to where I could get it off in about 20 minutes. Much easier to work on stuff.....Good luck.

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
Big4x4ride

i got the body moutn bolts out, cant get hinges off since all the phillips heads are stripped, and I got 9 10mm bolts out of firewall. trying to get this off so i can make my 2.8 mounts
Old 03-01-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Get you a 7/16 or what ever size bolt and weld it to the stripped out phillips head. the heat from welding it will loosin up the 25 year old factory loc-tight they used and it will come loose. us a ratchet or wrench on your newly welded bolt. Replace with a stainless steal socket head bolt(allen head) or what ever tickles your fancy. I can get you a link for that too if you want.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
Big4x4ride

did the same but with a 1/2 nut since thats all i had. I still need to get out the 2 phillips screws that are inside the door opening, and 2 under the driver fender and then i should be set I think
Old 03-01-2006, 05:36 AM   #6
muskyslayr
Masterprocrastinator

muskyslayr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmejoe231
there are about 12 10mm bolts all along the inside by the fire wall on each side and under in the fender well. you have to take the door hinges off and remove the body mount bolts up by the head lights. Also on the passenger side there a 2 bolts that hold you brake junction thinga-ma-bob through the fender and those have to come off too. I have had mine off so many times I got to where I could get it off in about 20 minutes. Much easier to work on stuff.....Good luck.

Sure that's not a thinga-ma-jig?
muskyslayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
simplesam

simplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond reputesimplesam has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyslayr
Sure that's not a thinga-ma-jig?
I have to agree, a thinga-ma-jig, holds a thing in place

A thinga-ma-bob, is the thing itself..

as for removing the screws I found an impact driver was easiest, and if you are trying to salvage the paint, a dremel can cut a driver slot in the top before you use the driver (if stripped)
simplesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #8
Droopypete

Droopypete is on a distinguished road
This snap on tool that goes in an air hammer is the absolute best and eaiest way to remove any frozen screw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap on.jpg (6.7 KB, 31 views)
Droopypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droopypete
This snap on tool that goes in an air hammer is the absolute best and eaiest way to remove any frozen screw.
Yes that is perfect to get them out if they are not already molested with a screw driver. Also put some heat on them before you use it to get the loc-tight melted. If they are already stripped out the best way is welding another bolt to them.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #10
ford381stroker

ford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond reputeford381stroker has a reputation beyond repute
i used my impact screwdriver on every samurai i buy. First hit with the hammer breaks them loose ever time. $100 on a snap-on truck.....last you a life time......keeps money in your pocket in stead of in the cuss jar...
ford381stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #11
DesertZuki
Starting Over

DesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud ofDesertZuki has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford381stroker
i used my impact screwdriver on every samurai i buy. First hit with the hammer breaks them loose ever time. $100 on a snap-on truck.....last you a life time......keeps money in your pocket in stead of in the cuss jar...
x2!
Cheap ones aren't worth the money you didn't pay. Unless you like to add to the cuss jar.

DesertZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:01 PM   #12
Hardline

Hardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford381stroker
This is what did the trick for my Zuki!

Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #13
Sally

Sally is a name known to allSally is a name known to allSally is a name known to allSally is a name known to allSally is a name known to allSally is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big4x4ride
i got the body moutn bolts out, cant get hinges off since all the phillips heads are stripped, and I got 9 10mm bolts out of firewall. trying to get this off so i can make my 2.8 mounts
you only have to remove the lower hinge if i'm not mistaken to remove the fender

and all you snap on impact driver fans out there
i have 5 broken impact driver sockets from my snap on kit
all where broken on the samurai or a tracker

i need to try one of those impact hammer tools