Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Build-up Garage

Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Build-up Garage Showcase your build up! If you are building it, we want to see it!

Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 AM   #26
ARnMAG

ARnMAG will become famous soon enough
sweet..just like mom use to make..
ARnMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #27
DRAGGINZUZU

DRAGGINZUZU is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGINZUZU is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGINZUZU is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGINZUZU is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGINZUZU is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGINZUZU is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGINZUZU is a splendid one to behold
Great now I can start on mine.. I just ordered the springs and picked up a yota for 100$. .Keep up the badd ass work Joe.
Tony
DRAGGINZUZU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:25 PM   #28
zukking01

zukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond reputezukking01 has a reputation beyond repute
Thaks for the info Joe.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #29
Itsmejoe231
Administrator

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Well I had to lengthen my rear drive shaft so this is what I did. I have the toy DC shaft front on the rear. I also have the rear d-shaft from the toy truck. It is super long. The slip yolks are the same on both so I just cut the rear shaft the length of what I needed and welded it to the DC end. Here are some pics.

Here is the cut I made in the weld. Be sure you dont cut to deep or you will cut into the piece that is inside the tube.

Here it is tacked up. I used a square to make it straight. This is probably not ballanced exact but it is close enough for the trail. If this was a DD, i would take it to get ballanced.

Here is the first pass of weld.

Those are all the pictures I have of it now. I thought I took a finale picture of it done. I can get one of it installed later.

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #30
zukinut

zukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond reputezukinut has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work man. Ive found several of those calculators but i have no ideas what the numbers mean. Like what is a good number for antisquat, good number for instant center, etc. Where did you find that info at. Im gonna start linking the rear of mine jus as soon as i can figure out whats good and whats bad when it comes to those numbers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will
zukinut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #31
txzuk1988

txzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond repute
Joe!!!! Your beating me to it..... I have my rear axle and gas tank removed... but I am not nearly as far as you. Nice work on the rig. Sweet. How long ae your lower links, center to center?

Rich
Old 02-09-2007, 09:29 PM   #32
Itsmejoe231
Administrator

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
From what I have learned the most desired anti squat number should be 75% plus or minus 5%. Your roll center depends on how high your upper link is from the ground, Your roll axis angle deals with rear steer while articulating and should get as close to zero as possible. Probably the most important number is the AS number, the roll center height then the oversteer.

Those are probably the most important numbers with the calculator. The instant center is the measurement of where you links intersect from the center of the rear axle. That measurement is part of the equation used to calculate the anti squat.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:30 PM   #33
Itsmejoe231
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by txzuk1988 View Post
Joe!!!! Your beating me to it..... I have my rear axle and gas tank removed... but I am not nearly as far as you. Nice work on the rig. Sweet. How long ae your lower links, center to center?

Rich
I think they came out to 38"

Old 02-13-2007, 11:30 PM   #34
Soonerzuk

Soonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond repute
hows it coming with the cage Joe?
2009 Pro-Mod Buggy.....LS1, Atlas 4.3, Rock Jock 60's, PSC Full Hydro Steering, 37" Maxxis Competition Trepadors, 17" Allied Aluminum Monsters Beadlocks, FOX 2.5" Nitrogen Shocks, and a few other goodies.....

Soonerzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 PM   #35
Itsmejoe231
Administrator

I got it started. The front has the basic frame with a few more pieces to put in. the rear I have one of the 3 main hoops installed. We quit about an hour ago and gonna start back up in the morning with a fresh outlook on things.

I am building it all out of 1 3/4 .120 wall HREW. My old one was 1 1/2 so this one will be better. I also removed the targa bar and moved the stock roll bar up 1 1/2 for more head room.

I will get some pics up tomorrow.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:20 AM   #36
bigflex
Krawl Kustoms

bigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond reputebigflex has a reputation beyond repute
its tomorrow ! now weres the pics?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #37
Gearhead61

Gearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think he really HAS any pics!
Gearhead61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:17 AM   #38
LA-1 Performance
Hollywood

LA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond reputeLA-1 Performance has a reputation beyond repute
New pic's?

Show us the progress.
88 Samurai, 1.6 16V EFI, Spidertrax 9 Axles, Alum Chunks 5.42 Detroit's, 4 linked, 16" Bilstein coilovers shocks, Fox bump stops, Tube chassis, Carbeau seats, Power tank, 17"X10" beadlocks, 40" Maxxis creep crawlers, Anti Rock Bar, 3 Speed Auto with a Rock4x4 Kicker 3 and twin stick 6.5.1 box in a T/T mount, PSC full Hydro, Comp fiberglass hood, Flame out Sys, and a O shit handle.....
LA-1 Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #39
fuctzookis.a.
el diablo

fuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond repute
dito! picts por favor!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #40
Itsmejoe231
Administrator

Pics as promised. I wanted a little bit more progress before I posted pics. I am still not finished with it. I have the bottom of the back to make and tie into the frame and gussets here and there with a skin that goes around the back to inclose the bottom half.

Smoke (Jason) has been a great help on the entire build. I will return the favor and help him build his Hendrix buggy. I also had a buddy over yesterday from work. I will have to hire him on permanent. He has an old hot rod he is restoring and wants to learn more of the fabrication end and was a great help as well.

Here they are.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #41
Soonerzuk

Soonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerzuk has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the pics Joe. awesome job as usual! I love the look of the cage.
2009 Pro-Mod Buggy.....LS1, Atlas 4.3, Rock Jock 60's, PSC Full Hydro Steering, 37" Maxxis Competition Trepadors, 17" Allied Aluminum Monsters Beadlocks, FOX 2.5" Nitrogen Shocks, and a few other goodies.....

Soonerzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #42
Gearhead61

Gearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond repute
sweeeeeeeeeet!
Gearhead61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:46 AM   #43
suzota

suzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond reputesuzota has a reputation beyond repute
"WOW"

some cage
suzota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #44
shorty
Zuki SPCA

shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice Joe!!

Family values = discounted rates at Chuck E. Cheese

Founding member of the post padders union
TX State Rep for Local 10001

pie

shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #45
ARnMAG

ARnMAG will become famous soon enough
Kick Arse!!!!!
ARnMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 AM   #46
TX_ZUKI
Administrator

TX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good Joe!

87' Suzuki Samurai, 1.6 16V EFI-14 Bolt rear Locked, D44 Front Detroit Locker, 5.13 gears,Full Ext./Inter. Cage, 8:1 Transfer Gears, 39.5 Iroks on Trail Ready Beadlocks, Hydro Steering, Big Horn Air Shocks & linked!

TX_ZUKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #47
LostSoul
Team Jeep Rescue

LostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud ofLostSoul has much to be proud of
Man that thing is looking amazing, I wish I had a 10th or the Skill required to do that. I have to get going on my EXO!

1987 LWB, 1.6L 8V, 6.4:1 T-case, Lincoln Locked Yodas front and rear, 5.29's, Mighty Kong with Gorillas, WARN 8000lb , Custom Tubed front end with 5.5" Stretch and Stinger, LED's rear, 38" TSL's.
LostSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #48
Itsmejoe231
Administrator

Here are some from this morning.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #49
SimZuk1
Mike

SimZuk1 is just really niceSimZuk1 is just really niceSimZuk1 is just really niceSimZuk1 is just really niceSimZuk1 is just really nice
I like that set up. I do have a question though, I noticed that you linked the rear, which I intend to do and would like to keep the rear seat as you have shown.

Where are you going to put the gas tank?
88.5 1.6MPI 16v,K&N air filter, DT header, Magna Flow Cat, Flowmaster muffler w/2in exhaust, YJ spring over, RS9000 shocks, lock Rite lockers F/R, 5.14:1 T-case,Tracker P/S, "Toyo axles in the works!!" and more to come.

SimZuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #50
Itsmejoe231
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimZuk1 View Post
I like that set up. I do have a question though, I noticed that you linked the rear, which I intend to do and would like to keep the rear seat as you have shown.

Where are you going to put the gas tank?
I am going to make a fuel cell that fits behind the back seat. That is the plan for right now.

JJ has a fuel cell that fits behind his back seat, I might get measurements from him to see if that fuel cell will fit and keep from having to make one.