Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 01-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
TatorZuk

TatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond repute
Master Cyl for Dana 44 Swap??

What are all you big dogs using for a master cylinder when you swap in you Dana 44 axles???

Stock??

Firebird??

What else??

Mine seems kinda' weak after I got my axles in...maybe need to adjust them up and bleed once more.
TatorZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
N3PHT

N3PHT
I used a ford ranger one only mod was the center pin had to be mode longer If you get it from a junkyard cut the lines and keep the fittings ....

LAte 80 early 90 bolt right up
N3PHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
Hardline

Hardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond repute
I am still using the stock master cylinder on mine. Danas front and rear with the GM metric disc brake conversion in the rear. Works well. I did remove the front splitter and the proportioning valve that is down on the frame rails. JJ
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
TatorZuk

TatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond reputeTatorZuk has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I have a Ranger and a Firebird both parted out in my pasture...too much snow to get at them though.

But...I really wanted to hear what Hardline said...so tomorrow I'm gonna' try that.

Did eliminating the proportioning valve and splitter help the braking...or is there another reason for their removal??

Thanks.
TatorZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #5
Hardline

Hardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond reputeHardline has a reputation beyond repute
Just to make it simple. I ran a single line to the front axle in the center with 1 flex hose going down to the pumpkin. From there I split it and went to the calipers. Did the same with the rear.

Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
N3PHT

N3PHT
I put a waggy prop valve in place of the stock. It gets a little more to the front than I like, but it stopps 35's rolling at 60 locks up pretty good
N3PHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #7
Hack

Hack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond reputeHack has a reputation beyond repute

Firebird