Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Suzuki Engine

Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Suzuki Engine Discuss all your engine questions, troubles, and tech in this area.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #1
FASN8ER

FASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond repute
1.6 16 valve japanese engine Swap

Hi all... I found a 1992-1995 (G16A) 1.6 16 valve No crank sensor type japanese engine with a trans but the problem is there is no wiring harness or ECU.... What do I have to do to swap this engine to my 87 SAMURAI and what else would I need to do this swap? Is this a good engine to swap into a SAMURAI? What would be the easiest EFI swap to do in a 87 SAMURAI that is going to give it plenty of power and reliability?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
ack

ack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond repute
1.6.16-valve swap...

Many vendors offer a wiring harness build service.

You can also find a complete wiring harness at the salvage yard and do-it-yourself. Tip: look at the VIN on the donor truck for the tenth position in the VIN. This is the year value. Look for N,P,R or S ('92-'95). that would be the years the you need.

Hopefully, there will be a harness build article at Ack's FAQ soon...

I hope that this helps!

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop
'11 Ford Transit Connect XLT Wagon
http://www.acksfaq.com

ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
3under3

3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute3under3 has a reputation beyond repute
I did this swap exactly. You will need a harness, intake and exhaust manifold, coil, distributor and ecu from the donor. I would reccomend calling Trail Tough in case I forgot something.
3under3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
FASN8ER

FASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond reputeFASN8ER has a reputation beyond repute
Is there a big difference between 16 valve 1.6L and 8 valve 1.6L? What is the exact difference between the two engines? I have a complete swap for 8 valve 1.6L but thought 16 valve would be way better.... Should I just stick to 8 valve and save myself $1,000?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
Jeremy

Jeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond reputeJeremy has a reputation beyond repute
i have a 1.6l 16v in my 96 tracker... the difference is HP....a 1.6 8v had about 70HP and the 1.6 16v has 95HP also torque is increased but don't know the numbers
"If everyone in the whole world had the same skin color, hair color and eye color, if we were all the same religion, if we all had the same favorite sports teams, drank the same beer, drove the same car, and spoke the same language, if we all hung our toilet paper the same way, listened to the same music, had the same hat size, and used the same toothpaste, mankind....... would still find a reason to divide into at least two groups and kill each other."
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
skyman

skyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond repute
BIG BIG difference. The 16 valve has the torque, the high end rev, and the horsepower. You will be wanting the 1.6 16v if you put in an 8 valve. You'll see someone with a 16v and go for a ride then wish you had done it (I know I wish I could find a 16v)
skyman is offline   Reply With Quote