Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums This section was designed for all later year Zuks.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
Bass Man

Bass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond repute
Stay tuned: 2lo modification?

This is in the Tracker/Sidekick section. Just so you don't get your hopes up if you are working on a Samurai T-case.

I've been looking hard at my spare T-case in the garage, and I would love to have 2lo when I have my hubs locked...

I guarantee I will find a way to use 1 shifter for 2hi, 2lo, 2neu, and 4 hi, Neu, and low.

Input would be helpfull, but I am gonna be spending some thought on how to do it.

Update: I got pictures for making it 4lo straight to 2lo, then back to 4lo. Next page.

Last edited by Bass Man; 01-20-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Bass Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Remove the center detent ball and you are done.

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Bass Man

Bass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond reputeBass Man has a reputation beyond repute
In a Samurai case. Sidekicks have a different pattern.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #4
Armour

Armour is an unknown quantity at this point
Rocky road makes a kit I thought!
Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #5
Bass Man

I have a $0 budget. I would love to support a maker of twin sticks (but not RRO!), but I can't afford to drive 10 miles with my income...
Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #6
sthmstr

sthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond repute
Watching with avid anticipation.......... :-)
sthmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Bass Man

I forgot to think about it today... I was having more fun wheeling today, but I will be out in the garage changing my front end out again, so I will look at it hard tonight.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
Bass Man

I know how I'm gonna do it. I'll draw something up real quick.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
Bass Man

Nevermind, wrong pic.

Last edited by Bass Man; 05-15-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #10
Armour

No I am not talking about a twin stick. Rocky road had a kit for 2lo. It was on the zukiworld site. http://www.zukiworld.com/month_12010...o2wdlowkit.htm . But if you are on a $0 dollar budget then this won't really help.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:41 PM   #11
Schrader

Schrader is an unknown quantity at this point
Would there be any reason to have 2low if your front isnt locked?
Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #12
Bass Man

Flat towing... If you tow in neutral, the whole front assembly will turn, wearing out the output shaft, front U-joints, front differencial, and front CV joints.

If you do this or get Twin sticks, you have the ability to tow in complete neutral.

Or do you mean having a locked front diff?

I like to spin my back tires (drift/rally "practice") between obsticals, and I don't want my front to interfere.

Also; I do better at the dunes in 2wd, but I would like to stay in 2wd and use low while my front is locked in.

Last edited by Bass Man; 02-16-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:22 AM   #13
Bass Man

How about an update??

I tried to take the middle ball out without tearing the T-case apart, so that was a good hour wasted...

Tore the case apart and put it back together without that ball, then ground the fork just like I illustrated.

It works!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #14
sthmstr

sthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond reputesthmstr has a reputation beyond repute
Really?! That's awesome!! So what's the shift pattern? Do you have any side effects?
Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
Bass Man

Only thing I see that is a little negative is that you have to shift down to high to shift into 4wd. Everything works perfectly.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #16
sthmstr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Man View Post
Only thing I see that is a little negative is that you have to shift down to high to shift into 4wd. Everything works perfectly.
Glad to hear it works well. Can you make a pic so I can visualize the shift pattern.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
Bass Man

For 4wd LOW:
On the shifter, you would go to the 2/4wd side and push up twice as far as you would an un-modified shifter, then you would have to go down till you felt the rod on the other end, then go left to the HI/LO side and shift it up twice.

For 2wd LOW:
In 2wd High, move the shifter up till you feel the end of the rod, then move the shifter left and shift up twice. Don't move the 2/4wd rod, I ground it to line up with the other fork before it moved.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #18
Bass Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthmstr View Post
Glad to hear it works well. Can you make a pic so I can visualize the shift pattern.
I lost the power cord to my camera, so I can't use it. I'll pobably try to find one today.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #19
sthmstr

Quote:
I lost the power cord to my camera, so I can't use it. I'll pobably try to find one today.
No worries dude. Sorry to be so needy. Just tryin to figure it out since I am thinking strongly about doin the 2lo stick form lowrange.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
Bass Man

My way is free. It takes the same amount of effort, but shifting into 4low from 2low would be cool. I can't do that with mine.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #21
Bass Man

I don't see a 2low shift fork for a SIDEKICK at Lowrange, just for the SAMURAI.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #22
sthmstr

Quote:
I don't see a 2low shift fork for a SIDEKICK at Lowrange, just for the SAMURAI.
That's what I meant. I guess I didn't realize you had a Sidekick. Guess I should have read your posts more clearly. Sorry dude, I will butt out.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:07 AM   #23
Armour

I posted the link on a previous reply. Its not a fork, just some replacement rods. I never saw it on the site either. Maybe give them a call if interested.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:11 PM   #24
nbrebel

nbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond reputenbrebel has a reputation beyond repute
evil twin working on one for your model ...as soon as they get the bushing right for the samurai twin stick
nbrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #25
Bass Man

I thought I seen twin sticks out for these already. Don't remember who, but I could probably make a couple sets if I felt like it. It would be nice to have twin sticks or have a different notch on the 2/4 rod so I can switch from 2lo to 4lo, cuz it would help me in some situations...