Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums

Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums This section was designed for all later year Zuks.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #1
madmark

madmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to behold
Heavy Duty Idler Arm

Hi All
Well got bored today so I put the hd idler arm I got from Lowrange on my tracker,Sorry no pic's.It was ten times harder to do than thought it would be.It looks like it would be easy until you start trying to put wrenchs on it,had to go buy a tierod seperator that goes in an air hammer cause I couldn't get a swing on my hammer,54.00.Then the holes in the hd bracket were 1mm to small for the stock bolts,called sean he said I was the first one that ever happened to.So I used my dremel tool to open them up,get it all back together and go for a test drive and it steers so easy it's almost scary,so I got back under it and tightened the big nut on the bottom of the arm up about a 1/4 turn,I haven't driven it yet ,had to sit and rest for awhile,LOL.
I sure hope it is worth all the work and cost,95.00 for the part 54.00 for the tool to get the old one off and then there's the shipping ,It never ends does it!
Sorry for the rant guy's,but now I can wheel my DD with a little more confidence.

madmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
cincy_kick

cincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond reputecincy_kick has a reputation beyond repute
I still have not got mine installed things keep coming up and taking away the time i have to work on my junk. post how well is handles now that you got it all tight when you can

90 sami 1.3 fi. 4" spua lift, 512rp, spoled rear,31 mudders, neon seats, ZOR front bumper, rear ZOR bumper and tire carrier, ZOR aluminum dash. and ZOR BIGuns
96 tracker/kick: 16v,3spd auto, hard top, 2" spacer lift,30" buckshot mudders on outlal1 rims, daily driver
95 4dr kick 5speed,k&n filter, 2 inch body lift,2 inch spacer lift, raised tank, 31"mudders, ZOR front W/ 8000# smittybuilt, custom rear bumper
cincy_kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
CruZuk

CruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond reputeCruZuk has a reputation beyond repute
Pics please so I know

Thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
madmark

madmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to beholdmadmark is a splendid one to behold
Hi Guy's
Well after driving it and adjusting one time it drives real good,I can now steer the tracker with my pinky finger.With the short wheelbase of the tracker this can lead to wondering around in your lane if you don't pay close atention.But it is very smooth,and the arm itself is beef thick I think you break something else before the arm would break or bend,I will try to get some pic's of the arm tomorrow.It is worth 95.00 for th confidence ti gives me to go to places that I don't normaly go[did any of that make any sense]?Oh and my tires are 30x11.50x15 sx's.

madmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
chipfriedlinhaus
Banned

chipfriedlinhaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Heavy duty really sounds good but the question is will it stand for easy maneuverability - hope it will coz I badly need one.

Accessory Belt Tension Pulley/Air Intake Hose/Radiator Fan/
Heater Hose/Horn Button/Idler Arm Repair Kit/Ignition Module/
Intake Manifold Gasket/MAP Sensor/Mirror Switch/
chipfriedlinhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Klugh

Klugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond reputeKlugh has a reputation beyond repute
Mmm, spam.
Klugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #7
utahskibum

utahskibum is an unknown quantity at this point
Good call on the arm, I bent mine and it ended up breaking the tie rod and the front c.v shaft. Should have upgraded the idler arm first.
utahskibum is offline   Reply With Quote