Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Zuki Gatherings and Events > GonZookin10
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

GonZookin10 GonZookin is a great yearly event held at Rausch Creek Off Road Park in Camp Hill, PA. Our annual event is held on the first weekend in August in Eastern Pennsylvania. The event includes camping, 3 days of rock crawling and off-roading, a barbeque and other event favorite

Old 08-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Freebird01

Freebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond reputeFreebird01 has a reputation beyond repute
Another event for the books...

First and fore morst to everyone who attended the event THANKS!!!

If it weren't for you guys our event would not continue.

Ok event recap...

rain....rain.....rain.....

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I was unable to stay Thursday night, however Friday started out with a bang as mid morning showers rolled into some pretty heavy downpours that went for most of the day. I will let someone else report on the trail riding as I chose to hang back at camp and chill after having a rough Thursday.

By Friday evening most of the regulars had showed up and even a few new faces. I have to say that I feel that this year we had the most new faces in awhile. It was great to meet some new people (bentparts, purpletracker, Rabidrhino, I'f i missed you im sorry!!)

Friday night turned into a typical Gonzookin campfire night and a good time was had by all....

Saturday morning (after the headache cleared from the night before) was a bit slow going. we got to the park around 10am and proceeded to set up the Top Zuk Challange. It was setup to mimic an RC Rocs(www.rcrocs.com) series rock crawl course. And with a toned down set of rules and no rig requirements we pitted everyone on a closed course....buggy and trail rig side by side.

The rules were pretty simple. Make it through 4 gates with out having to back up or hitting any cones (doing either resulted in penalty points) and finish the course in under 10 minutes. Everyone seemed to enjoyed it and it really showed that its not your rig its how you drive it.

We had a 3 way tie for first place with 3 rigs finished with the same score....based on the times (lowest to highest) here are the top three. (check out gonzookin.org in the near future for the scores to be posted)

1. Carolina_Zuk (Rawlings Barnes)
2. KaptianK (Celan Thoma)
3. ikuzus (Chad Trimmer)

Rawlings managed to finish our course in under 2 minutes with the Popsicle!!!!

Which leads me to thank Rawlings for making the trek all the way up to Gonzookin with Cole and the Popsicle!!! It was our pleasure to have you with us, too bad you couldn't stay longer but I think he is hooked on Rausch Creek now...

With the rest of the day running into trail riding I headed out with D-rock (burnt clutch cable) so I could run and get the grill for the group dinner. Our staff had everything prepped and ready to go by the time i got back with the grill!

We had a great spread for the dinner and our staff worked very hard to make sure everything went well.

From there we rolled right into some thanks to the supporting venders including our event regular Sean Devinney of Aftermarket4x4.

RRO, Zuksoffroad, Trail Tough, Low Range Offroad, Ladd Hanford Suzuki, Spidertrax just to name a few!!! We had more then I personally expected due to our current Economy. Its great to see these guys supporting our event!!!!!

We also had a scavanger hunt were 5 buckets with numbers ping pong balls were placed around the park. We must have hid them a bit too well because not many were found. Thanks again Madsammer for gettin them at the end of the day!!!

Sunday morning lead into yet another downpour which had everyone soaked to the bone before rollin out of the campground!

All in all I felt we had a great year and as always I am looking forward to next year!!!!

Thanks again everyone who attended!!!
RcRocs Team #416 Biohazzard Offroad is now sponsered by:

There are many Jeffs in the world....Toms as well...but I....I am Sancho...
Freebird01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
azdesertrhino

azdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond reputeazdesertrhino has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like our Zukapalooza here in Arizona.

Microburst took down a lot of tents. Worst rain I've seen here in a long time but it was still a blast.

I can't wait for the 2010 event!!

azdesertrhino is offline   Reply With Quote