Go Back   Zukikrawlers > News > Introductions
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Introductions Welcome to ZukiKrawlers, Say Hello and introduce yourself.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #51
94tracker

94tracker is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi there

I'm Glen. 94 tracker 2dr started my addiction, followed by 88 and 91 trackers good for parts only then 02 4 dr too cheap to pass up, then the one I want to keep 98 side kick 2dr. Not really into offroad but I've found these forums really helpfull technically. I'm still trying to work out some issuses with my new/used power steering. I just like the cheap transportation that goes anywhere I want to.
94tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #52
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome!!!

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #53
zorproducts
God blessed America

zorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, I am Myron. I live in the wonderful Verde Valley of Arizona. Home of offroad trails called Smasher and Brutal and MY's nightmare. Been wheeling since the late 70s but started bleeding Suzuki Samurai (when cut) about 3 years ago when I was given my first Samurai. Since then I ruined more than I can count. That is if you call chopping them up and making buggies out of them ruining them. My wife, Debra and I own zuksoffroad.com If you are ever passing through the middle of Arizona, stop by and visit us. Or if your stumped on any zuk related problem give us a call, I know more than a human should about everything Samurai (928) 567-3061

We are members in the big Suzuki only club zuksofarizona.com but call Zukikrawlers.com our beloved club. Which reminds me it is time for another contest so look for the April Fools Day ZOR giveaway!

MY
Brass shift sheets T-BRA & THONG, MY-SIDE1 & 2 CV kits, SNATCH "the best t-case cradle". TRAIL-GEAR Authorized Dealer. ZOR Bumpers! See that little set of scales over to the lower left? Give me reputation IF I HAVE helped you and I will be happy!
http://zuksoffroad.com

Stay outta my tree! And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood!

Last edited by zorproducts; 04-16-2008 at 06:42 PM.
zorproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #54
LandShark

LandShark is a splendid one to beholdLandShark is a splendid one to beholdLandShark is a splendid one to beholdLandShark is a splendid one to beholdLandShark is a splendid one to beholdLandShark is a splendid one to beholdLandShark is a splendid one to behold
Hello from Jacksonville, TX

I'm Troy and I'm located in NE Texas. I work in purchasing for Jacksonville ISD. Zukiemom and zukEmt sent me.

Last year, I sold my ATV's. I bought a Samurai to replace the ATV in the woods and also serve as an economical form of daily transportation. My goal is to convert the Sammie to diesel power.

Samurais seem pretty scarce around here. Fate pointed me 12 miles down the road to a 1987 soft top. It was last registered in 2001. It had been sitting outside in the weather without any form of a top for at least a year or two. What have I gotten myself into?

I'm new to the whole Zuk thing so please be gentle.

LandShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #55
dbledeuce

dbledeuce is a splendid one to beholddbledeuce is a splendid one to beholddbledeuce is a splendid one to beholddbledeuce is a splendid one to beholddbledeuce is a splendid one to beholddbledeuce is a splendid one to behold
Hello all.. I am Jud

i live in Aztec n.m. i started wheelin about 15 or so years ago. My first 4 wheel drive was a 64 scout. It was a 4 cylinder 196 with a turbo and over drive. was a great find not very many made. IH's got too expensive. so my next two where toy pickups. then last year bought a 1200.00 dollar sami and been putting money in it since last year. i love my zuk. my buddy hates imports he has a high dollar jeep. But he is going zuk as soon as he can find one. he cant belive how cheap they are to build and the low gearing they have. Nice to meet every one on the site.

Oh ya my wife hates wheelin. She's SKEEEEERD

87 zuk 1.3 got propane,side kick 3rd. sky rear housing. 4.62 gears, disk brakes on the rear, mighty kong transfer case mount n gorrilla grip mounts, 6.5 case, lock rites f,r.bonz rear's up front msl. spoa n 3 in old man emu in rear for now toy power steering. tt hi steer. warn 6500. zor bumpers f,r. thorely header tt exhaust 33's

1.6 8 valve next month i hope.
dbledeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #56
maddhatter

Location: Cincinnati , OH (home of the sexiest sheep in the USA!)
maddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond repute
I'm the maddhatter from Cincinnati (I like to go among the mad people)

Heres what samis I have (this week) LOL

Last edited by maddhatter; 04-19-2008 at 09:21 PM.
maddhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #57
maddhatter

Location: Cincinnati , OH (home of the sexiest sheep in the USA!)
maddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond reputemaddhatter has a reputation beyond repute

I also still have my old CJ7

Thanks for having me around it's a great site!!
maddhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #58
BiLLy bob

BiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond reputeBiLLy bob has a reputation beyond repute
howdee again fellers. I'm Lewis or BiLLy bOb as most of yins know me. currently drivin and lightly wheelin a bone stock tracker. married, she came with a lil girl and gettin ready REALLY SOON to have a 2nd lil girl. hoping they'll be at the melt with me this year.
BiLLy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:30 AM   #59
BamaSammy

BamaSammy is on a distinguished road
Saying HELLO, I am finally back online

Hey there folks,it's BamaSammy (David K. from Auburn Al.) I am finally back online again. After my break-in last July,I was only able to get on when I went to the library. The po-po's did part of their job and eventually got my computer back for me,but have yet to locate any of my weapons or archery equipment. I have also moved since my last log in back in August. I am still in Al. just in Salem now. I still have my 87.I have done a few mods to it since last time. I have put a set of HellCreek Susp.4" springs on top of my 4.5" SPOA. and I have swapped over to a 94 Sidekick 5.12 rear axle with a locker and front chunk. Still have the stock T-case though,and wishing I had a 4.16-1. I have 33's on a set of black 15x8 Rock Crawlers.That's about it so far,but soon it will get a 2.0ltr Gas VW engine from a 98 Jetta and hopefully the T-case will get done as well.
I will be keeping ya'll posted on my future upgrades and hopefully get some pics posted.As for now,it is just good to be back..Talk at ya'll later on..Bye for now.
David Kimbrough

For Life
BamaSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #60
SamE88

SamE88 is a splendid one to beholdSamE88 is a splendid one to beholdSamE88 is a splendid one to beholdSamE88 is a splendid one to beholdSamE88 is a splendid one to beholdSamE88 is a splendid one to behold
Hey everybody! My name is Eric. This is my second Sami but the first in onver 10 YEARS!!! Had alot ov fun with my first one and am looking forward to getting messy in this one as well. Just bought it last weekend. It's an 88 softtop and everything on it is stock except for a Weber carb. I'm hoping to have time to get a SpOA done next weekend and throw some meatier tires on it for starters.

Anyone know what the widest tire I can put on a stock wheel is (safely)? Thanks!
SamE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:09 PM   #61
dustybadlands

dustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond reputedustybadlands has a reputation beyond repute
Hey People! My 1st post ever ("techno-reluctant") so bear with me. My name's "Tone", I live near Detroit, (while there's still work) & I own Trackers. I won't buy none of that Jap Crap !! It all began when I wanted a 3 or 4 wheeler to help me drag the critters I shoot outa my woods. The dealers wanted 6-10 G's for some weak dinky tired kid's toy so I told him for that I could git a truck! Trackers came to mind, a little research brought me to the ZUK sites & now I'm hooked! http://www.flickr.com/photos/dustybadlands/
dustybadlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #62
kanzuk

kanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond reputekanzuk has a reputation beyond repute
Hello everyone! I've been wheeling these things since 1987, a little white hardtop that covered most of the Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri. Have built several over the years for friends and family, and have met several great people out on the trail. Many know the '86 Green Samurai that I wheeled for many years, featured in Four Wheeler Magazine and Offroad Exposure videos. We had the first Sidekick to take on "3-Stage", www.rockcrawler.com "Crazy in Clayton". I have seen the rapid growth of Suzuki wheelers. At the 2006 ZukMelt we brought out "Stretch", a custom built Samurai that is featured on www.Izook.com , look for us out on the trail. It's all about the fun, just get out and wheel!
Old 04-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #63
Zee
Super Moderator

Zee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond reputeZee has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it's my turn.
My names Dennis,married with 2 boys living in 'burbs of Portland Oregon.
Grew up between the desert of SoCal and Warren,Michigan.
We have always had a 4x4 or two,weither it was for playing in the desert,or hunting our property in Wolverine,MI.
Not many vehicle types i haven't played with,EB's to Scouts,Blazers,Jeeps,etc and finally settled on a Zuk a few yrs ago.
It has seen a few transformations along the way,getting rebuilt into a back country exploration rig now.
Still involved with Desert Racing,SCORE and BITD,with a couple Class 1 unlimited buggies and the recent addition of a Trophy Truck to the stable.
I work for a company that builds parts for OTR trks ,W/S,FTL,Paccar,K/W,etc.
Joined ZK before the big hack on the original board,had the pleasure of chatting with a lot of good folks.
Looking forward to coming out to ZK08 and actually meeting some of you.
Z

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #64
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Looking forward to coming out to ZK08 and actually meeting some of you.
Z

Old 04-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #65
Agsiegert

Agsiegert has a spectacular aura aboutAgsiegert has a spectacular aura about
new to boards but on my second sami! In Denver CO, 87 white soft top, 31's, Spoa, Mercedes full high steer, Yota Power steering, ZOR MY-fi (great MOD!) 1/4 inch rocker knockers, winch, etc, etc.
Agsiegert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #66
Pablo Toledo

Pablo Toledo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from Brazil

Hello everyone;

My name is Pablo and I live in Brazil.

I have a plain vanilla rig, which is a 93 Sidekick, 2" body and suspesion lift,
30" mud tires, 5.83:1 R&P gears and lockright in rear diff.

I look forward to learning lots of things from you through this forum.

Best

Pablo
Pablo Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:27 AM   #67
Metal Head
Banned

Metal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these partsMetal Head is infamous around these parts
Hi I'm Travis I live in Jefferson City, MO. Some of you may remember me I used to spend quite a bit of time over at the Offroad.com boards when I first got into Zuks, went by the same name. I just picked up another '87 after not having a Zuk for about 5 years. I was building Bronco II's and a Ranger but had to get out of the Ford stuff, it was too expensive and kept me out of wheeling for about 4 years straight and I have had enough of sitting around on my ass watching other people wheel! Not sure which direction I will go on this Zuk but I wanna run 38's - 42's and run propane. Not sure which axle choices are out there for that size tire probably Yota's but we will see!

Looking forward to interacting with all of you! OH! I used to own this Zuk, it didn't look like this when I had it but I sold it to the guy who made it like this, it's looking good!

Metal Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #68
billsbar

billsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond repute
well as most of you have figured out by now my name is Alvin, I'm a coat hanger repair man by day, and a super hero tequila drinker by night. I reside just north of Denver Co. I always wanted a Sami but always had much larger 4X4's. It wasn't until I decided we needed something small to tow behind the redneck RV that I really started looking for a Sami. I sold my big lifted chevy truck and bought this beat up broke down Sami. for $150. The original plan was to put it some what back to stock with maybe a little bigger tire say 235's. well one thing led to another and now not much left stock but the body.

Or was it

hi I'm Bill and I got into Zuki's because lifted Sami's are cool,anyone can hell everyone does have a Jeep but I drive around and almost never see another Sami. Gotta be different besides

now how cool is that. :-)
and like everything else, that keep it stock went out the window just hours after I started on it. And a lot of you here ARE too blame, with your big stretched tubed Sami's. And as far as the wife knows It's all your fault....
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- President Ronald Reagan

Spell check people it's free
Proof reading your posts can even help people with the grammers skills of a pet rock.

Last edited by billsbar; 04-19-2008 at 11:57 AM.
billsbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #69
billsbar

billsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond repute
And some where in the middle lies the truth

I take you guys everywhere
here I am walking into the MGM in Vegas
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Proof reading your posts can even help people with the grammers skills of a pet rock.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #70
threserch

threserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond reputethreserch has a reputation beyond repute
My name is Mike and I'm in Florida. Just picked up a '91 Samurai in pieces and I'm struggling to get it back together. It's got the "rancho" springs and 4 something to 1 x-fer case... I'm not real impressed with how it's built but it's got stock fuel injection - that's why I picked it. Last 2 of mine were carb. Nobody really ever talks about the EFI 1.3 though, why is that?

So, hello to everyone out there... and yea, this is my first time posting or joining anything

Last edited by threserch; 04-19-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to say HI
threserch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #71
LockDown

LockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond reputeLockDown has a reputation beyond repute
Clay in Colorado.
This place IS addicting!

I have learned a ton and learn more everyday!

I was a member of an older forum on Toyota Tercels and even after selling it I still showed up everyday......until I joined this place!

Friendly people, lots of knowledge and experience..... now I just need to get out on some trails!

-Clay-
Old 04-19-2008, 10:05 PM   #72
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Welcome everyone!!!

Billsbar, You have gave me an ideal for a new thread......

Old 04-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #73
oklazukguy
The snake says.....

oklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond repute
I am R.C., and my wife is Sherry. We are both sex addicts, because drugs and alcohol dont agree with our stomachs.

I was born in texas and traveled the country til I ended up in Oklahoma where I met my wife. I started wheeling when I moved here and bought an '80 Datsun with 33's on it. I found Broncos and built and tore up numerous year models of them. Two years ago, I bought a modestly built K5 blazer with the intentions of going wild on it. Before that could happen, I started adding up how much it was going to cost for that build, compared to soem of the builds I had seen on Pirate of some Samis. The next day I posted the Blazer for sale and started looking for a Zuk. The day after that, the Blazer sold. And the day after that, I drove to Joplin to pick up my first Sami. Its a 88.5. I drove it as a DD for a few months. Got me another truck and started my buildup. The build took a little less than a year, and I finished it the day before the First Annual ZukiKrawl. Now I am in the process of the worlds longest engine swap. Hope to talk and hang with all of you.

Akuna Matada!!
oklazukguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #74
zorproducts
God blessed America

zorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond repute
Efi

Quote:
Originally Posted by threserch View Post
My name is Mike. Nobody really ever talks about the EFI 1.3 though, why is that?
Because they are rare and golden. They are prone to only one problem and there are a few people that know the dealer secret to end the high idle. Won't stall on hills, etc. Consumer Reports can be thanked for killing the sales of the early to mid 90s Samurai.
MY
Brass shift sheets T-BRA & THONG, MY-SIDE1 & 2 CV kits, SNATCH "the best t-case cradle". TRAIL-GEAR Authorized Dealer. ZOR Bumpers! See that little set of scales over to the lower left? Give me reputation IF I HAVE helped you and I will be happy!
http://zuksoffroad.com

Stay outta my tree! And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood!
zorproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #75
billsbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmejoe231 View Post
Welcome everyone!!!

Billsbar, You have gave me an ideal for a new thread......

I agree, but I'm gonna need more shirts..