Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Build-up Garage
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Build-up Garage Showcase your build up! If you are building it, we want to see it!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #51
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
Ive done that,whatcha wanna know?
Know a guy here in WV (not me) that wants to swap a 2.3 into a Tracker or a Samurai. He is looking fora Sami, but has a Tracker so may just build that. He wants to do a Mustang or Ranger auto. Is there any floor mods to make the trans fit?
Need a body lift to clear anything? He used to run dirt track cars so he can build a 2.3L with some power.

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #52
rockmike

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Ya he will need to cut the doghouse out a bit.Im anti body lift,thats the easy way out.hehe

I have the toyokoygo trans that used to be bolted to the mustang bellhousing.Its a 4x4 trans so I built the back plate that holds 2 bearings and 3 seals that is set up to hook up a divorsed zuk case.The trans and adapter is scrapped on my project cause I went to the 04 wrangler trans and klune v set up.

The clutch is 84 bronco 2 2.9l to match trans input.This clutch is bigger than ranger 2.3l stuff,So you use the turbo mustang 2.3l flywheel its bigger diam.I converted the clutch control to linkage intstead of hydro for ease of install in the zuk,I believe I used a 81 mustang clutch cable ,it had a neat udjustment set up.

Beet the piss out of that combo for about 5 years,worked good.And the cool factor of a bastard drivetrain that works great!!

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.

Last edited by rockmike; 09-07-2009 at 02:38 PM.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #53
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a nice set up, thanks. I'll pass the info on. I advised against the body lift too, I don't like them either. Would rather re do the floor, and keep the center of gravity low.

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #54
Tweeder

Tweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond reputeTweeder has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Joe..want to add this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeder View Post
88 Sami hood & 2 frame rails, 1.6 8V , '79 Scout D44 axles w/5.89 Gears with spool & Detroit locker, 4 link front & Rear, Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar, 16" RaceRunner Shox, Exo cage, 38.5"SXs, 6.4:1 TCase Gears, Custom Wheels, CTMs, 30 Spline Chromo's, Doubler
Tweeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:38 AM   #55
zukinoobi

zukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond reputezukinoobi has a reputation beyond repute

A couple years ago I found myself trying to use our site 'search engine' to find something and in the process realized how frustrating the search process really was. I knew there had to be a better way. When I asked Joe to start this build list way back then I was hoping for exactly what has transpired... a single, easy to search, no chit-chat listing of modifications and builds.

I love it when a plan comes together. Thanks Joe, for all your work in researching, organizing, alphabetizing, and otherwise going the extra mile to build for this site such a terrific research tool!

And so here's a friendly bump to get the list back on top for our newer members who may not be aware of how helpful it can be...

zn

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud, (1952)

"Pelosi snorts pig farts." -Zukinoobi, general disgust of US Congress, (2009)

"... he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Christ, (~32)

"Our Southern border is RED DAWN without the parachutes!" Zukinoobi (2010)

zukinoobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:30 AM   #56
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks ZN!!

I have to do some catching up in here. I hope to find the time soon.

If anyone knows of a build that is not on here let me know and I will add it.

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #57
shadowrider

shadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond reputeshadowrider has a reputation beyond repute
hey this is an awsome thread much helful there are alot of builds in the list i didnt know where on zk
im still kinda new to zk and ive been trying to read up as much as possible on all the builds that i can so this makes it much easier and it helps narrow down the serch alot better that gets frustrating at times

shadowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #58
Stafford01

Stafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey joe can you add mine if it's good enough.

One of the many Proud sponsors of Crazysami's Great American zuk tour 2011

Stafford01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #59
seb112

seb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond reputeseb112 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmejoe231 View Post
Thanks ZN!!

I have to do some catching up in here. I hope to find the time soon.

If anyone knows of a build that is not on here let me know and I will add it.
mine

if its good enough
yj front, 4link coil rear
kick power steering
New paint
Toy axle

Proud to be Sponsored by Zuks Off Road for 2011
My build

seb112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #60
wpyoung

wpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond reputewpyoung has a reputation beyond repute
here is my buggy build up

http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=31359
87 samurai buggy dana 44s 5.13 gears lockersRCV axles full hydraulic steering turbocharged 1.6 L, on propane sidekick 5 speed, rock4x doubler 6.5 t case HD front output with twin sticks in a snatch 3 link front n rear 42 iroks on 32 bolt allied beadlocks and more
wpyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:42 AM   #61
joe dirt

joe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond reputejoe dirt has a reputation beyond repute
pose you could add the tracker sas in,..its currently getting a 1.8l (also in the build thread)

linky in sig

PROJECT TURD POLISHING BUILD THREAD
http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=32461

87 sami, toy axles,529 gears,locked,yj's w/missing links,4-1 case, 35" km2s on trail ready beadlocks,16v swap
joe dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #62
jenyus
retarded on the rocks

jenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond repute
what about my peugeot turbo diesel with toyota running gear swap? pretty sure its one of a kind

jenyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #63
ittybitty

ittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond reputeittybitty has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious...I feel like I know whose it is, but I can't place it.

Who own's the 1st rig that shows up in the slideshow on the home page? I've been wanting to find the build thread on it, but it's hiding...or doesn't exist.

Here's the rig I'm talking about...

Toys w/ 5.29's elocker rear, ARB hi pinion front
39.5 IROK's
6.5 tcase

'91 Mazda Miata

'07 Ford F250 CC 4x4 Powerstroke

'09 Harley Street Glide

'15 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbo 3.5
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #64
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
Could be wrong, but I think it's this one: http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthre...2&highlight=vw

Not sure where it's at these days.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #65
Quarterpastgone

Quarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond reputeQuarterpastgone has a reputation beyond repute
Add mine if you done mind. in my sig

Quarterpastgone is offline   Reply With Quote