Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Build-up Garage
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Build-up Garage Showcase your build up! If you are building it, we want to see it!

Old 10-25-2016, 11:15 PM   #351
iniazy

iniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond repute
Well I fixed the banging noise in the TC, it appears what was happening is the backbone of the EOS cradle was banging against the body, was a bit too close. So with the heavy duty mounts in place the rotation in the TC has been brought down to a minimum.

Although it's fixed, the samurai is still very rough compared to before the cradle, though now it is tolerable. To me anyway.

Also I think my transmission has a bad bearing. When I'm off load on forth or fifth gear, there's a loud noise coming from it. But in any other gear or when there's load it disappears. I think this should be fixed before the bearing completely explodes but that's something I'll leave to some other time. Taking the transmission out means I have to remove the engine as well. Can't take it out without removing the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipasg822 View Post
€˜Morata ‘ã ‘óng góp rất nhiều v* c*u ấy l* m™t cầu thủ vô cùng quan trọng€™, Zidane nói v›i báo ch*.

€˜Những gì tôi mu‘n truyền ‘ạt ‘ến c*u ấy l*: Đây l* m™t mùa giải d*i v* c*u ‘óng m™t phần trong những th*nh công của ‘™i bóng€™.

€˜C*u ấy sẽ ‘ược chơi nhiều phút trong mùa giải n*y nhưng ‘ây l* m™t cu™c ‘ua d*i v* c*u ấy phải ho*n tất m™t phần còn phần còn lại d*nh cho những cầu thủ khác€™.

€˜Vì v*y ‘‘i v›i tôi, không có sự b*n cãi giữa Benzema hay Morata. M88 v› ‘ều quan yếu như nhau€™.

€˜Họ l* những cầu thủ ráo trọi, hai tiền ‘ạo nhân t*i v* Mariano cũng v*y. Tôi nghĩ rằng cả ba c*u ấy ‘ều quan trọng€™.
Dude what language is that?
Old 10-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #352
OFT

OFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like your project is fighting you most of the way! Way to hang in there fixing one thing at a time.
Old 10-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #353
iniazy

iniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond reputeiniazy has a reputation beyond repute
I'm happy with the outcome so far, my samurai is doing really well, except for a bit of harshness when it first takes off. Nothing a red neck can't tolerate ;)

I'll be out this weekend stress testing it in the dunes and see how it fairs.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #354
iniazy

Finally got my hands on the ERP e brake kit. I've already started installing it. Hopefully once that's done I can get my Zuk inspected and license renewed, so I can finally be street legal.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:37 PM   #355
OFT

OFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond reputeOFT has a reputation beyond repute
Mount to transfer case and uses a cable?
Old 11-12-2016, 11:46 PM   #356
iniazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFT View Post
Mount to transfer case and uses a cable?
Yes exactly. Uses the same factory hand brake cable. Works really great. Just finished installing it last night:

Old 11-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #357
iniazy

Some photos and a video of my outing last week:

Old 11-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #358
OFT

How did it drive? Heating issues gone now?

Thanks for sharing the pictures/short vid. I used to go to sand dunes with a sand rail and had a blast!

Earl
Old 11-18-2016, 01:02 AM   #359
iniazy

No overheating issues. Was a windy day so whenever wind was blowing from behind it heated a little bit nothing serious.

Went great, all folks were really impressed, out-bashed all of them. BTW just made up that word. Even that copycat yellow wrangler with 38 inch tires couldn't keep up with me.

I lost one of my transfer case mounts in the process, but was easily fixed back home, lost it because of a mistake I did.

I have a really loud bearing noise, either from transmission or transfer case, not quite sure. I'll use a probe and find out. If from the transfer, that's an easy fix. If from the transmission that means taking the engine out as well.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #360
iniazy

Too bad Photobucket screwed the Internet community with their new terms of use. And I don't have the breath to move all the photos and update all the posts in this thread. So I'm leaving a link to my Photobucket page for those who wish to look at the photos again.

http://s823.photobucket.com/user/iniazy/library/Samurai

Last edited by iniazy; 12-05-2017 at 06:09 AM.
iniazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #361
iniazy

Installation of Weber carburetor

For those who still roam this amazing forum, I have an update. I decided to change my carburetor with a Weber 32/36 carburetor. I'm tired of the old carb running too rich, around 9-10:1 on full throttle.

Edit: Trying Imgur for image hosting:

Yay, it works!

Last edited by iniazy; 12-10-2017 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Posting images on imgur.
iniazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #362
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
I think you'll me happier if you get the chance to go EFI. More control and better drivability. Nice work though as always.

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Nagtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:11 AM   #363
iniazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagtrainer View Post
I think you'll me happier if you get the chance to go EFI. More control and better drivability. Nice work though as always.
Thanks, nice to hear from people in this forum again.

I believe you are right, but I like the idea of owning at least one carbbed motor. And I'm fascinated by the pure mechanical operation of a carburetor. Especially a simple one like the Weber.

The Nissan carb had some weird electronics that I just didn't like and felt might be the cause of my poor engine operation.