Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Zuki Gatherings and Events > Trail Reports and Ratings
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Trail Reports and Ratings Adventures in wheeling. Tell us about your last trip!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
A Dieing Breed

A Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond reputeA Dieing Breed has a reputation beyond repute
rolled rig last day of camping...

this post is useless becouse i cant post pics.
So last week my girl and i (along with 3 other couples)went on a 4day 3night camping trip. And yup. On the last night while doing some 3am exploring it happined. And it happened so fast. I blazed up a hill that looked like something i have climbed many times. So i make it to the top and the sandy ridge breaks off under my wheels and slides/hops to the rights. It felt like the hill turned to sand. It fell softly on it right side the proceeded over onto the roof, then the drivers side, back onto its wheels, then one last hard roll onto the passenger side. Nobody was hurt, but my freind got pretty banged up with bruises and such. I dont remember climbing out and somebody found the keys on the hillside and turned it off(wasnt actually running, just the ignition). Becouse it was on a hill we had to roll it completly over again. I meen back onto its roof, then drivers side then wheel side. All in all the rig wasnt in bad shape. The doors where off so they are fine. The safari rack is what really saved everything. The front windsheil crack and the window frame is bent in a few places, it also smashed my snorkel and dented the front of the hood and a few other places. . To get it running we had to pry the motor back into the motor mounts, and put oil in it. It fired right up and we were able to drive it back to camp(about 30 minutes). One guy went back to camp on his 4 wheeler and let the girls now what happened. By the time we got back to camp the girls where pretty worried to say the least. We packed up camp, went kayaking then krawled it back home with no issues. It sure needs work to get it back on the trail. I sure learned alot from that trip. One thing i learned is that even tho steel diamond plate floor mats are "cool", it really sucks getting hit with them! I do have pics but cant post them as i can only e-mail pics. We had such a good time camping. Saw so many great places and i really showed them "jeep guys" how we do it and weven tho i rolled it i reallt made us "zookers" proud.
Ya.. I got your jeep thing... Now it burns when i pee!
A Dieing Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
sure glad no one was hurt bad man,the rig can be fixed !

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #3
Mullet

Mullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond reputeMullet has a reputation beyond repute
The Lord was with yall. Glad nobody was seriously hurt.