Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Yota Swap Tech
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Yota Swap Tech Here you can discuss from engine swaps, axle, swaps, Tcase swaps or just about anything for your Yota parts swap.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
5ZUKYARD

5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute
I need help

This is an ad that I have had out for a while.
Set of 4.10 Toyota axles. Front dissassembled but all there except for shafts. New, never run Aussie locker installed in front. New high steer arms. New felts and seals. Asian lockouts. New brakes front and rear. Rear welded and intact. 4 new 17 x 8 Toyota rims. 5 39 x 14.50x17 Mud Dog tires, well used maybe 50 percent but hold air and no rot. 4 new outter beadlock rings with 3 inners. 1 additional inner attached to 1 rim. Pics are with the ad.
So now after a few weeks of trying sell the whole pkg., and not having any luck, I am now thinking it may be time to go Toy since I have the pile right in front of me. It wasn't even on my mind but I now have the rear end out of one that is so completely shot it is not going back in. Pinion, bearings, seals, and housing all trashed. I do have more sammy parts but having this stuff is making me think I should do it now since I'm already half way tore down. I have enough driveshafts that should work from what I've read. The Samurai this would involve is a Myside 1.6 with tracker p/s and 4.16 case. What is the general consensus of the guys that have actually dun the swap as to what remaining parts I will need such as the shafts for the front and steering on the cheap as that would be the only way I could get this done right away. Thanx for any input or guidance since I am strictly a Samurai guy for 26 years and not up on Toyota swaps or parts.
5ZUKYARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:59 PM   #2
dogonmut

dogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond reputedogonmut has a reputation beyond repute
I highly recommend you look through the build threads. There are a lot of great ideas and success stories. Take ideas from your research and make a plan that fits your time and budget.

You might want to rethink the 39s.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
Craig_c

Craig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond reputeCraig_c has a reputation beyond repute
39 is the limit with a Yota axle with good front shafts. RCV warranties them up to a 40". If you are hard on them you will break ring and pinions once you upgrade the shafts and a few other peices.

You will want to regear the axles running that much tire, 5.29's are popular. You may get away with 4.10's and 6.5 case gears.

That much tire will like a longer wheelbase, so leafs may not be the best in that case.
Craig_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
5ZUKYARD

5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute5ZUKYARD has a reputation beyond repute
If I was to do this those tires would not be used. Probably 33 or 35 range is what I was thinking. From what I understand the steering would be my main issue.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
ecoast

ecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond reputeecoast has a reputation beyond repute
steering, couple rat adapters for d-shafts, 3/8" pad to even front spring mount height, brake lines, etc.

what am I forgetting?...ifs box for steering?

'bout it if you're staying leafs
what the hell you lookin' down here for?

ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
5ZUKYARD

I pretty much can take care of everything but steering and front axle shafts from what I can tell with what I've got laying around. With the Tracker p/s, mercedes 1/2 over the top and the Toyota high steer arms, is there a way to get it done? Not sure with all I've searched. It's going to be the leafs that I have for now, 2" homemade set, if I do this at all. That still leaves front axles shafts. Still a pretty hefty bill. Spent all day today switching rear samurai housings and internals cause either way this is going to be back on the road asap. The Toyotas just happened to be here at this time and they would be nice.

Last edited by 5ZUKYARD; 07-19-2014 at 07:03 PM.