Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Yota Swap Tech
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Yota Swap Tech Here you can discuss from engine swaps, axle, swaps, Tcase swaps or just about anything for your Yota parts swap.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #1
bhaugen

bhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond repute
Hi steer ?

The toy to Samurai hi steer arms, are they shorter than the standard toy arms? My current setup has a trackick box with the samura hi steer on toy axles. I set that up a number of years ago, and has worked fine. I am building a buggy on toys that the drivetrain from my current wheeler will go into. The buggy will have an FJ box so I am wondering if the arms I have is the "correct" setup.

To add to that Are the 6 shooter arms worth it?
bhaugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:15 PM   #2
Jarhead

Jarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond repute
I might be some fool cuz it sounds like you have the samurai hi steer arms on toy axles????? I don't know if the hi steers arms can be installed on a toy axles unless this is something new that I have never seen. Either way if you are running trackick box and plan to run Fj 80 box (I presume). You will need new drag links since the trackick box is in the inside of the frame while the fj80 box is mounted on the outside of the frame.
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
bhaugen

bhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond reputebhaugen has a reputation beyond repute
I might not have been clear. I installed this, I think it was sky's kit, years ago when I first went toy axles. For some reason I thought the arms were shorter to match the shorter arm on the trackick box.

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/suzuk...steer-kit.html

I understand the drag link will be different. I can make a new one of those. I am wanting to know if the arms on the axles are different. as compared to this.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/yotam...ering-kit.html

If I buy new arms, I am considering the 6 shooter setup.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
Jarhead

Jarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond repute
The arms should be the same size but I cam measure my 6shooter setup if you want.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #5
bhaugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
The arms should be the same size but I cam measure my 6shooter setup if you want.
If you have time that would be great. try get a measurement center of trunion bearing to center of drag link on the passenger side.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:36 PM   #6
Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaugen View Post
If you have time that would be great. try get a measurement center of trunion bearing to center of drag link on the passenger side.
I measured about 7.5"

Old 08-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #7
bhaugen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
I measured about 7.5"

I got 6.5" when I measured mine. They are shorter. Thanks.