Go Back   Zukikrawlers > General > Anything and Everything
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Anything and Everything The A&E forum (Anything & Everything) is specifically intended to talk about whatever is on your mind. You can talk about current events, personal relationships, news, or most anything else. No Religion, No Race, or Political threads.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
mtnbound

mtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond repute
Trip to Indianapolis (long read, sorry)

So I just got back from Indianapolis Thursday. It was a marathon trip and I need sleep lots of sleep.

Whomever was in charge of making our arrangements needs to be kicked in the nuts. This will be wise Information for anybody Flying East from the West coast. Leave early flying east, leave late flying west. That being said here are the tales from the trip.

Tuesday morning I go to work at 6:00 and work until 11:00, run a couple errands and get dropped off at the Airport in Pasco, WA at about noon. I print my boarding pass get thru security and find my group of travelers. We get introduced by our host and chat for awhile as we wait for a couple more. They start boarding and we are still waiting for two people (one of which I know) the host asks how long they can wait while he tries to get a hold one last time. They tell him they cannot wait for the plane to leave on time (1:15 PM) this was ok with me as the guy I knew is an asshat anyway.

Flight to Salt Lake City seemed to be going well until we arrive and find out we only have about 20 minuets for our connecting flight. We arrived at concourse “E” and Flew out of concourse “C”. We got to our new gate just as they were boarding first class. We got onto the plane found our seats and ………… They announce there is a flight with 20 passengers that just landed so we wait………..and wait………..and wait. The passengers (with infants and small children) get seated and we start moving…..about 30 minuets late.

Finally airborne the pilot comes on and tells us that he got approval for an altered flight plan to make up some time and we change course. As it turns out, this was not the best idea. The pilot comes on again and tells us we are over Eastern Colorado and are approaching a storm. The new plan is to go North around the storm with a catch. We will have to go thru the tail end of the storm and will encounter some minor turbulence. Well the “minor turbulence” turns into suspending the snack and beverage service for over and hour while the plane has altitude changes in what felt like 200’ increments. Now I remind you of the 5 or 6 infants and small children screaming at the top of their lungs sounded like 20 At this time a longer flight would have been ok with me. Alas we arrive in Indianapolis about 10 minuets ahead of original schedule.

It’s now 10:15 Indy time. We find out transportation arrangements right away so we can sit on a bus and wait for another flight to arrive. Two more get on the bus and we are moving again, arrive at the Hyatt get checked in and decide to put our crap in our rooms and get some dinner.

One of the guys (five in our group) saw a White Castle on the bus ride in and wanted to try it (not knowing any better we all agree) So we ask the doorman directions and he chuckles(this should have been a hint) as he gives us directions. While walking we see Lucas Oil Stadium and I take some pictures. While running to catch up to the group crossing under the tracks I notice on the other side of the tracks most of the businesses have bars on the windows and doors. (Another hint we didn’t notice)

We were the only white guys in there and for me this is normally not a problem. This day would be different thou as the brothers were making comments that were not the best. Trying to ignore then while the guys were ordering I notice how they cook these burgers. At this time I started to figure out all of the hints that we didn’t notice. A light in my head clicks on just as I start to order and I only ordered 2 cheese burgers (good move) at $1.90 something. I take one bite and decided this is NOT what I was eating for dinner As two of the guys chowed down their meals the two other had the same thoughts as I.
As we were heading back to another restaurant on the proper side of the tracks one of the brothers hollers out “you boys best get back on the other side of the tracks soon” at this point we just kept moving.

Back on the “proper” side of the tracks and closer the hotel we got to “Steaks and Shakes” I believe. Had a good dinner there. Now its 2:00AM as we get back to the hotel and look at the schedule for the day we decided we wanted to make the 8:00 bus to the Expo we all head to our rooms.

6:00AM wide awake “SSS” (shit, shower and shave) get dressed and down to he lobby by 7:00 and see Starbucks. I hate Starbucks but needed something. On the bus for about 20 minuets we arrive at the Expo in the Fastnal site. Had a great time and got lots of cool stuff, toured the distribution center, and had a great lunch. We caught the 2:30 bus back to the hotel and discussed what others wanted to do. Some wanted to see the city, I on the other hand wanted to get to the track and one other was interested. We had the Valet get us a cab and we were on our way. We took the bus ride around the track and I got a buttload of pics even the bricks. We called our cabbie that took us out to give us a ride back. He was pretty cool but hated being in Indy and the US. It makes no sense to me. He told us how blacks are always in trouble in Indy.

Now back at the hotel we catch up with the others and decide on the Hard Rock Café for dinner. It was a great dinner and our host paid for it, Thanks Cameron! Now we decided to go see the Civil War monument and all of the bikes that park around it. There was a Boss Hog 502 and the owner was really cool. Now we got a call and were told to head down to the Slippery Noodle (a blues club) it was cool but packed and on the wrong side of the tracks again but a nicer area. Back to the hotel we go as we have an 8:00AM flight which means (we were told) we have to be at the airport by 6:00. To do that we have to catch the 5:00 bus (they only run on the hour until 10:00AM) for me that means up at 4:00 “SSS” get dressed and check out. Not that easy. After we got back to the hotel I decided to go have a drink, a thought to help me sleep. I did stick to my guns and only had one drink, even thou it was really good. I started watching a hockey playoff game and was at the bar until 12:30. I went back to my room climbed in bed and saw EVERY HOUR until 3:30 when I got up. I should have just stayed up all night.

Here we go again, well we got to the airport way too early could have easily been on the 6:00 bus. It only took about 5 minuets to get thru security. Waiting in the airport sucks bad and then sucks some more. Finally we get to board the plane in hopes of sleeping on the almost 4 hour flight. As soon as we got airborne and were told it was ok I put my Ipod in, closed my eyes and could NOT fall asleep WTF??? The Flight was smooth and quiet, I still don’t under stand. Anyway we got to SLC about 40 minuets early. Thanks Captain you just turned our 2 hour layover into almost 3. About 30 minuets before I felt we should start boarding. I go use the restroom and when I come back I notice on the board that our flight has been delayed almost 50 minuets, F*&K. I asked our group if any announcements were made. They all said no. I waited a few minuets for an announcement and nothing. I went up to the gate and asked what was up. Evidentially our plane was in maintenance and was taking longer then expected. So they have a plane from Denver coming in and we would use that on. Fine, so we waited……. and waited……. then waited some more. Our plane shows up and it’s finally time to board. My zone boards last. As I’m walking up the ramp they start the engines, I was one of the last five on board and was thinking cool we will be in the air in 10 minuets. No we have more delays. The captain apologizes for the delay as we are waiting for a final piece of paper work. 20 to 30 minuets later the paper comes and the door closes.

We are airborne again for one last hour and fifteen minuets of flight. I wake up just as we start our decent into Pasco and it only felt like we were in the air for 15 minuets. Wow can I pick the time to sleep on a plane.

Home at last, Was the trip worth it ???? and would I do it again??????

Hell yes!!!

THE ONLY CURE FOR "1984" IS A LITTLE 1776!!!!
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:30 AM   #2
redbeard
costume time.

redbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond repute
what was the expo for?

Samimog,
50 pounds of parts crammed on a 10 pound rig

wish me luck

co-owner mega camper

www.facebook.com/2tribesevents
PIE

WTSS forever
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't fly for love nor money anymore !

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
mtnbound

mtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard View Post
what was the expo for?
It was just for all of their suppliers to bring out the new stuff and show it off

THE ONLY CURE FOR "1984" IS A LITTLE 1776!!!!
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
I usually fly about every 2 weeks for work, don't mind flying. Hate airports and all the bs that surrounds getting to your plane anymore tho.

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
purevil71

purevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you had a good time in Indy...but I should have warned you about White Castle. there is a reason they call them "sliders". It's cuz they don't spend much time in your body and tend to slide right through...

Now Steak-N-Shake on the other hand is pretty good. LOVE the chili they serve there. I didn't realize it was a East Coast thing though. The Noodle is a cool place and the music is usually always good. I just was telling the wife the other day I wanted to go back up there some weekend cuz she's never been.

And yes, there are parts of Indy that whitey just don't wanna go to. Been there, done that. But for the most part the people usually just stare and never say much to you, but you know your not wanted there. Mebbe they thought you looked like a cop....

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
purevil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Coulda been worse, could have been in Gary, IN

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
purevil71

purevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Coulda been worse, could have been in Gary, IN

OH LORD...Gary is the armpit of the Midwest

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
purevil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
WVhillbilly

Yep, ya don't go there unarmed.

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero