Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 01-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Bad Goat

Bad Goat is an unknown quantity at this point
welding on pulley?

I'm trying to mount a 4 hole pulley on a 5 hole crank sprocket. Would it cause any problems if I welded-in the holes in the crank pulley, sanded flat, and then redrilled? blance issues?

So trying to somewhat copy some work Nagtrainer has done to get a trigger wheel on my g13a for a megasquirt project.

Thanks!
Bad Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
I would recommend having it balanced afterwards. If it's off buy a gram or less you're golden, if not you could hammer the bearings out over time.

Are you looking for a v groove crank pulley?

It might be easier to switch to a serpentine. Plus serp is a bit more durable. If you want to drop the diameter of the pulley you can get an Aluminum Pulley with V belt and 5 hole.

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Nagtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
Bad Goat

I'd be open to going to a serpentine. But then I'd have to figure out the AC and alternator end.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
Alternator is easy, Sidekick 16V or 2000 Swift alt unless you changed to a GM style. Have you removed or are you going to remove and recharge the system? If so then use a 16V AC compressor or see if you can get the clutch assembly and switch them out. the other thing is the WP pulley. Some are a spread pattern on the pulley, and some are not. I only have one left, but you can find them on FleaBay.

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #5
Bad Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagtrainer View Post
Alternator is easy, Sidekick 16V or 2000 Swift alt unless you changed to a GM style. Have you removed or are you going to remove and recharge the system? If so then use a 16V AC compressor or see if you can get the clutch assembly and switch them out. the other thing is the WP pulley. Some are a spread pattern on the pulley, and some are not. I only have one left, but you can find them on FleaBay.
I'm not sure what you mean by recharge system.

I'm kind afraid on trying to find 16v accessory's, and additional work/fitment issues that might cause. AC hose size ect.

With some googling I see that 94-95 samurais had 5 hole pulley, but I've been making some calls I guess its a really rare part.

Low range also sells a serpentine v belt combo. with that I might be able to switch just the alternator and WP.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
Nagtrainer

What I meant was recharging the A/C after you install the engine. in other words the A/C has been evacuated of all it freon and after installing the new compressor.

But it sounds like you have a handle on that.

I looked, I use to have a stock Serp/V combo pulley with 5 holes, but I think I used it on the last engine I built for a local. I would have to check my stash at home.

Old 01-17-2017, 11:56 PM   #7
Bad Goat

The ac system is still in place. I didn't pull the motor. I'll have to call a few more salvage yards,maybe they would have the combo pulley?

Last edited by Bad Goat; 01-18-2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Auto correct errors
Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
Nagtrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Goat View Post
The ax System is still in place. I didn't pull the motor. I'll have to call a few more salvage yards,maybe they would have the combo pulley?
Have you checked FLeaBay?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:18 AM   #9
Bad Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagtrainer View Post
Have you checked FLeaBay?
I didn't see anything on there.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #10
Bad Goat

I have a pulley from Brent at trail tough on the way. Thanks again for the advice nagtrainer.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #11
Nagtrainer

Anytime Amigo..