Go Back   Zukikrawlers > News > Member of the Month
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Member of the Month Zukikrawlers Member of the Month

Old 10-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
redbeard
costume time.

redbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond repute
20 Questions with August MOM 2013

1) Where are you from, how long have you lived there?
I'm from Sonora, CA, been here since i was a freshman in high school, in 2003. But i'm going to go into the Navy for cyber warfare in february, so who knows where i'll be then.

2) How long have you been interested in suzuki's and off roading?

i saved up $800 and bough first go kart with a 6.5hp lawn mower engine when i was 10. been hooked ever since.

3) What was your first exposure to off roading?

driving my friend's pink 80cc yamaha quad in the dirt when i was 8

4) What was your first rig?
i bought a POS cherokee that i wheeled the crap out of before buying my first samurai. that samurai was a POS so i sold it and got my current samurai.

5) How long have you had your current rig, and what work have you done to it?

i bought my current samurai in July 2010. so far what ive done to it is:
-2.3L Peugeot turbo diesel
-toyota r150 transmission with jeep AX-15 input shaft
-dual toyota cases with stock 2.28s in each
-toyota axles welded with 4.10s
-37" old school MTR's
-full 1.75"x.120" exo cage
-YJ springs out back
-XJ springs up front with 12" frame extension.

i dont have any good current pics, so these will have to do

6) What was your least favorite upgrade? Did you take it off or are you still running it.

XJ springs in the front by far. theyre nice and long but wayyyy to soft, especially under the weight of the diesel. im still running them, thinking of going to toyota springs now.

7) Who or what has been your biggest influence? (in any aspect)

biggest influence in wheelin was all my buddies who had samurais that they bought for $500 and passed up my jeep all day that i poured money into.

8) When wheeling are you more likely to camp or stay at a motel?

usually camp, i like being able to wake up and jump right in the rig and go. i also like night wheelin and motels don't usually like that.

9) Do you drive your rig to the trail or trailer?

trailer queen

10) What kind of tow rig do you own, or wish you had?

right now i have a dodge 8.0 V10 4x4. its a decent enough truck but horrible gas mileage. i get about 6mpg when towing.

ideally id really like to have an 05ish escalade with a duramax and 35's

11) Do you like music on the trail or is the sweet sound of horse power enough for you?

i go back and forth. i havent put a stereo in my samurai yet though, i more just listen to all the rattles and get high off the diesel fumes.

12) You are given a trip anywhere in the world for you (your family) and your rig to go. Where would it be to, and what would you do there?

i'd go back to Moab for sure.

13) Where is your favorite place to wheel and what is it like?

the Niagra Rim Trail up here in sonora. people call it the little rubicon but its my favorite place to wheel. partially because its close but also lots of good memories up there and a ton to do.

close runner up is moab, probably the coolest place to wheel, but so far away.

14) Does your family enjoy the sport or tolerate your addiction?

my family loves it, my wife, Julia has her own YJ on 38's and (almost there) a mercedes turbo diesel. shes great and a lot of fun to wheel with. how many girls tell you they want lower transfercase gears or a diesel in their jeep? she has a lot of fun and isnt afraid to get her 38's spinning on the rocks.

my son, Asher is almost 2 and already loves wheelin and helping me out in the garage

here he is at 6 months old on his 3rd wheelin trip with mommy holding him

15) What has been your favorite upgrade to your rig?

by far the turbo diesel

16) What advice would you give someone new to the sport?

start small and keep wheelin. dont tear everything apart to the frame and try and do everything you want to do all at once. you'll run out of money and motivation. it took me 2 years to get mine out of the garage.

17) In your opinion does a title make the rig, or does it have to still be nearly stock to be a Suzuki?

i think some original body panels make the rig. ive still got a sammy tin top, hood and frame so i consider it a samurai.

18) Us zukikrawlers are the "best" people, that being said what kind of rigs do you normally wheel with?

mostly jeeps.

19) What is your best memory of being part of the Zukikralwers family?

its all been great, met some great people and learned more than i ever thought i would.

20) No rig is perfect, so what has been your biggest stuck to date, or trail breakage, and were you able to fix it on the trail?

HA! worst one was definitely this:

broken tie rod end on the drag link on the Niagra Rim with my old jeep. we went down to autozone (2hrs away) and got back up to realize they gave us a tie rod end too small in diamater for the drag link. so we shimmed the space with a cut up mtn dew can, strapped a ratchet strap from the steering stabilizer to the pitman arm and i drove home 2hrs like that going about 40-60 on mtn roads. looking back i realize it was really retarded.

21) The sh*t hits the fan on a global scale. are you more likely to stick around and defend your "space" or head for the hills and live off the land?

im outta here! gettting as far away from people as i can and moving somewhere warm.

22) Name anyone past or present you would like to wheel with.

theres a lot of guys on here id like to wheel with
-reddogg1
-jethrobodeen
-rockmike
-tan zuki
-1madzuk and their whole gang down there
and more!

I can only assume that I made the "and more" catagory

23) Bacon is natures most perfect food. (no question here just a statement I feel should be made more often)

i agree completely.

24) Which is easier to deal with, A. your rig is broke and you dont have the parts to fix it; B. your rig is fine but you dont have the time to use it?

A for sure! ill find the parts!

25) You are handed the "keys" to zukikrawlers what is the first thing you would do?

probably add a couple more discussion categories

Samimog,
50 pounds of parts crammed on a 10 pound rig

wish me luck

co-owner mega camper

www.facebook.com/2tribesevents
PIE

WTSS forever
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
CONGRATS

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
1mad zuk

1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute1mad zuk has a reputation beyond repute
Cograts fo sure
1mad zuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #5
jenyus
retarded on the rocks

jenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond reputejenyus has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys!

Quote:
I can only assume that I made the "and more" catagory
Oh but of course!

jenyus is offline   Reply With Quote