Go Back   Zukikrawlers > News > Member of the Month
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Member of the Month Zukikrawlers Member of the Month

Old 07-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #1
redbeard
costume time.

redbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond repute
Whats going on with MOM?

post up your thoughts on what should happen with MOM. I know I have dropped the ball as of lately. I am thinking I should pass this torch. My sami is still in transition and I have not had the passion needed to keep this going. I have someone who is interested in taking it over. I am going to talk to the admins on the site and see about getting that done.
I wont go away, I have known a lot of you all longer than I have had a son. I have known some of you all since 2002. Its been a good run.

Samimog,
50 pounds of parts crammed on a 10 pound rig

wish me luck

co-owner mega camper

www.facebook.com/2tribesevents
PIE

WTSS forever
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
phloop
Bacon is the answer

phloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond repute
I have no problem with you passing the torch so to speak as long as it goes to some one that has good ties to the old school ZK. The site is changing over time so new blood won't hurt. And is that Sami of yours still a Sami?

Union hall 3B

Living life a half bubble off.

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
phloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #3
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
Andy do what you need to. seems we don't have the drive we once had here anymore.

and yes Phloop , it has a sami hood , it's still a sami !

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
You do what you think is best, that's all anyone can do.

Site's just not as active these days. Maybe just a slump, maybe changing times. Most of us are here for a vehicle that hasn't been available new in the states in 20 years, bound to run out of them one of these days.

On a side note; I'll be in your old neck-o-woods next week, need me to take along a Briggs & Stratton & get it strapped in under the hood of the Sammi mog? Rumor has it that since you went Yankee you've been wheelin a trail gnat (rzr) & thinkin about buggies, hate to see you get too far from your core values

Secondary side note; How bad of an Idea is AR 23 (pig trail) with a loaded toy hauler combo? Looks twisty, but long way around other way.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
phloop
Bacon is the answer

phloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoybox View Post
Andy do what you need to. seems we don't have the drive we once had here anymore.

and yes Phloop , it has a sami hood , it's still a sami !
I have no dog in the fight if it is or is it not a Sami any longer. Just wondering if RB has stepped away from the Sami and it looks like he has if he's wheeling a rzr.

Union hall 3B

Living life a half bubble off.

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
phloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:32 AM   #6
redbeard
costume time.

redbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond repute
I still have the sami, moved in the middle of motor swap and a lot of upgrades. ball got dropped after I left, dont have a big enough garage space to put it in up here at current rental house. the good news is it still has a sami body "nothing actually trimmed off" and hood, its still a sami. It is getting moved this week and I will have it up here and tearing up the snow drifts this fall. I do like the rzr and it is a lot of fun. So far its been hop in, beat on it, put in some gas and repeat. so its been a nice change. I am ready to get the samimog back on the trails. Its going to be a monster up here. I havent seen to many rigs built to that level up here. I am not done with samurai's just been an interesting situation.
as for the pig trail, I know every corner on it, me and mega camper have logged a lot of miles scaring the sh*t out of people on that road for years. How loaded of a toy hauler are we talking? how much of a truck and how confident are you in it? either way is rough, but coming up from I40 is much easier than dropping down from 16. I know it looks a lot further, but its much easier. If you have a tranny break or exhaust break you will be fine, just remember that the corner signs at the top before it starts down are suggestions, once you pass the warning signs you need to adhere to them. Its a fun road empty, its a tight road loaded. If you are headed to byrds, do not be tempted by 21 and cutting through on 215 its no better, I dont like that route. 23 from the south is my suggestion, but if your not maxed out from the north is faster.

I kinda feel like video killed the radio star, back in the day it was simple forums, emails and such, then the hay day of the forum, now facebook has changed it again, (better or worse?) All I know is the samimog is heading to Moab in 2015. So will the rzr. Maybe with a little luck the 43"s will be on the samimog by then. I am not so much looking to get away from the sami tub and go buggy but zep is already like 4'9" and hes 8 so I dont know how much longer he will fit. At least we have a smaller dog now.

Samimog,
50 pounds of parts crammed on a 10 pound rig

wish me luck

co-owner mega camper

www.facebook.com/2tribesevents
PIE

WTSS forever
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #7
jethrobodean

jethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond reputejethrobodean has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking at coming all the way down from Huntsville. Doesn't "look" too bad until 16 though. 14K, 38', dually duramax. Coming from branson way, not looking like alot of good options. The thought as of now is to wander in blind & take it slow, I've got all day to get there.

Good to hear it's headed your way soon, I chatted with TY a bit in June & he was thinking it would be fall. & I hear ya, alot of work to turn an old sammi into a true 4 seater, & the appeal of the "plug & play" UTV has even swayed my thoughts on them lately.