Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
moutainmanhunter

moutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond repute
temp gauge help??

well my temp gauge peged out hot thinking that i was ofer heating and the t stat was stuck I pulled over and pulled out the t stat nothin and the zuk was not running hot also noticed that the gas gauge was peged full I know beter than that I had less tha half so took it into the shop at work checked the grounds on the gas tank and the 3 that are under the hood and pulled apart the wires that I bunched up when I put the MY side on .. thinking that the temp gauge is bad went to the parts house the guy tells me that there is no temp sensor on the 86 sami well needless to say he didnt know what he was talking about so wating on parts from Rod at the moment any sugestions ?? I cant stand those dang gremlins
moutainmanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
threewhd

threewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond repute
your going in the right direction. If the temp sender doesn't work. You have a wiring issue.

Jefferson Davis

The problem with the world is ity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for ity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

~UNION RULES~

threewhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
moutainmanhunter

moutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond reputemoutainmanhunter has a reputation beyond repute
hey thanks I thought that might be the case you never know though ther may be someone out ther that may have had the same prob and knows the fix but I think that there is a wire gremlin but cant know till parts get here. thats the story of my life wating on parts for that dang zuk

thanks a million

Last edited by moutainmanhunter; 10-01-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #4
crazygavman

crazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by moutainmanhunter View Post
hey thanks I thought that might be the case you never know though ther may be someone out ther that may have had the same prob and knows the fix but I think that there is a wire gremlin but cant know till parts get here. thats the story of my life wating on parts for that dang zuk

thanks a million
well i havnt had the same problem
i have a similar problem

mine is pegged empty gas and temp
so lemme know what you find out!!!

Member of the save from the foundation
1987 sammy-Gone to a new home.
1986 Samurai- Bigshot- never finished- gone to a new home
1996 X-90 2wd- DD
crazygavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
moutainmanhunter

on the gas gauge there Is a ground on the tank that needs to be cleaned or hooked up and the temp gauge turned out to be the sensor on the intake I ordered the part from rod used for under 20 $ simple fix the gas tank had to be dropped to get to the ground ..
Old 10-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
crazygavman

crazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond reputecrazygavman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
on the gas gauge there Is a ground on the tank that needs to be cleaned or hooked up and the temp gauge turned out to be the sensor on the intake I ordered the part from rod used for under 20 $ simple fix the gas tank had to be dropped to get to the ground ..
well screw that then ill just keep it goin till it strait goes out

1996 X-90 2wd- DD
Old 10-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
threewhd

threewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond reputethreewhd has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
glad to know you it fixed

Jefferson Davis

The problem with the world is ity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for ity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

~UNION RULES~

Old 10-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
threewhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygavman View Post
fixing it right the first time makes your life a lot easier in the long run

Jefferson Davis

~UNION RULES~

Old 10-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
billsbar

billsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
well i havnt had the same problem
i have a similar problem

mine is pegged empty gas and temp
so lemme know what you find out!!!
seems like it is already "till it strait goes out"

you might want to check to see if your timing belt slipped a tooth
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- President Ronald Reagan

Spell check people it's free
Proof reading your posts can even help people with the grammers skills of a pet rock.
billsbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
moutainmanhunter

you guys make me laugh If it aint broke run it till it does
why the timing ??
Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #11
billsbar

billsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond repute
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

Proof reading your posts can even help people with the grammers skills of a pet rock.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #12
phloop
Bacon is the answer

phloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

I like how you think. Run it till it breaks then ask how to fix it and then argue about the replies you get.

Cant go wrong with that method.

Union hall 3B

Living life a half bubble off.

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
phloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #13
billsbar

but it CAN be fixed with duct tape and wire ties. Just ask him he will be glad to tell you. Well after he checks the timing belt, and paints a emblem or two.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #14
phloop
Bacon is the answer

phloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget that adding a fancy radio with new speakers makes it go better.

Union hall 3B

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
Old 10-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #15
moutainmanhunter

you guys must be refering to crasygaveman because there has never been duct tape on my ride!!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #16
crazygavman

Quote:
you guys must be refering to crasygaveman because there has never been duct tape on my ride!!
mine eather so i don't know who there referring to

1996 X-90 2wd- DD
Old 10-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #17
billsbar

Quote:
when mine rips outta the housing i use a few zip ties and its good to go again

Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #18
billsbar

Quote:
im not sure but i know i fixed that problem

with electrical tape and zip ties

works great now!!!
Quote:
if you guys think thats bad

you should see my clutch cable!!!!

ya gotta love origonal equipment!!!

i got it wrapped with electrical tape and then secured even more with about 12 zip ties!!!

hey it works!!
ill get a new one one day

Old 10-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #19
crazygavman

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsbar View Post
yep tats correct

you got the first part right but the second was dead wrong

i don't have a lick of duct tape on my ride

1996 X-90 2wd- DD
Old 10-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #20
billsbar

nope? but you got what 60 pounds of electrical tape on it

Old 10-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
crazygavman

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsbar View Post
nope? but you got what 60 pounds of electrical tape on it
nahhh...

47 pounds

1996 X-90 2wd- DD
Old 10-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #22
phloop
Bacon is the answer

So says the bubble gum/bailing wire kid.

Union hall 3B

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #23
HardLuk

HardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygavman
nahhh...

47 pounds

You're a good sport crazygavman
"The point of spring under is better control. It has improved my handling and control a huge amount. My last lift was a 6" spoa with mudder tires, that was a pain in the butt to control, wandered all over the road, bump steer like you cant believe, rattled, shook, bounced, jiggled, everything but julienne fries." -- rkteckt

HardLuk is offline   Reply With Quote