Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Suzuki Engine
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Suzuki Engine Discuss all your engine questions, troubles, and tech in this area.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #126
HardLuk

HardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a pic of the cage going back in....Pretty interesting doing all this Samurai stuff by myself over all these years....Have had to be VERY creative.

"The point of spring under is better control. It has improved my handling and control a huge amount. My last lift was a 6" spoa with mudder tires, that was a pain in the butt to control, wandered all over the road, bump steer like you cant believe, rattled, shook, bounced, jiggled, everything but julienne fries." -- rkteckt

HardLuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:33 PM   #127
melbakid

melbakid is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you by chance ask the Ref if you could relocate the vin tag to a location that would make it visible for future inspections? I ask because in two years you will have to go through this again. The smog station will have to verify the vin again.

No common sense in those Referee Smog Nazi's. Most of them act as though they are the right hand of God almighty himself. One of the reasons I left Kalifornika!
11/13 1995 Sidekick 2WD 5SP 4DR (future parts car)
melbakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:40 PM   #128
HardLuk

HardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbakid View Post
Did you by chance ask the Ref if you could relocate the vin tag to a location that would make it visible for future inspections? I ask because in two years you will have to go through this again. The smog station will have to verify the vin again.

No common sense in those Referee Smog Nazi's. Most of them act as though they are the right hand of God almighty himself. One of the reasons I left Kalifornika!

It's been a while. To answer your question, I did not have the VIN tag relocated. I pulled the cage, let the Smog Ref inspect the VIN w/out the obstruction of the cage, to his satisfaction.

I passed the inspection for a properly done motor conversion in the State of California. I have the official California State Bureau of Automotive Registered Foil Identification Sticker placed in the driver side Door Jamb.

It's from here on out always to be known as a legally completed 1.6 16v engine swap.

No Need to verify the VIN# again. The VIN# is located on the Sticker itself in the Door Jamb.

"The point of spring under is better control. It has improved my handling and control a huge amount. My last lift was a 6" spoa with mudder tires, that was a pain in the butt to control, wandered all over the road, bump steer like you cant believe, rattled, shook, bounced, jiggled, everything but julienne fries." -- rkteckt

Old 07-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #129
oczuk

oczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond reputeoczuk has a reputation beyond repute
What happen to the pictures?
oczuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #130
HardLuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oczuk View Post
What happen to the pictures?
Photobucket decided to hold the pics hostage and demand a ransom.
They began charging the user a huge fee to "host" pictures.

For some reason though the pictures are back?? At least I can see them again, not sure about everyone else??

Old 06-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #131
Diesel_Zuk

Diesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond reputeDiesel_Zuk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardLuk View Post
Photobucket decided to hold the pics hostage and demand a ransom.
They began charging the user a huge fee to "host" pictures.

For some reason though the pictures are back?? At least I can see them again, not sure about everyone else??
I can see them. I'm running a google chrome add on thingy though that basically says screw you photobucket, we're going to show the photos anyways.
Bunch of other random samurais- sold
Diesel_Zuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #132
HardLuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Zuk View Post
I can see them. I'm running a google chrome add on thingy though that basically says screw you photobucket, we're going to show the photos anyways.
Very good to know!

Just glad we can see the pics again. It really helps the thread immensely

BTW, I have done some stuff to the engine since the last post. Not a lot, just added a GM 105amp Alt setup instead of the stock Sidekick Alt.

I have just been driving it, and enjoying it! It's passed Smog now 2x at a regular smog station, no where special. I can take it anywhere just like a regular, normal, manufactured sedan or SUV.