Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Yota Swap Tech
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Yota Swap Tech Here you can discuss from engine swaps, axle, swaps, Tcase swaps or just about anything for your Yota parts swap.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #1
ingler99

ingler99 is an unknown quantity at this point
toyata swap rear pinion angles

looking for input from other running Toyota axles on yj springs non cv driveline what did you set you pinion angle at? im running Toyota driveline non cv in rear but still getting vibrations trying to get input from others that work thank in advance
ingler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
toyodaaddict

toyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond reputetoyodaaddict has a reputation beyond repute
I have no experience with zuks but lots with toyota's. I would think you need a cv to be vibe free. I will be using a cv on my build for sure. I'll be curious what the zuk pro's have to say.
toyodaaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
txzuk1988

txzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond reputetxzuk1988 has a reputation beyond repute
I run a cv shaft. Never tried anything else with my toyota rear. Heard to many people saying it was the better way to go.

Rich
Old 11-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
Bowie Kid

Bowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond reputeBowie Kid has a reputation beyond repute
I run a non-cv rear Toy shaft to Toy rear axle vibration free. Would have to check pinion angle as it wasn't setup according to angle. I did have some vibration from spring wrap and pinion angle being off but corrected those problems and great now. Cut the eyes off an extra leaf and added under the main leaf, removed a shim from the spring pad. Yj's on shackle reverse, Toy's, on 33's. I can get the angle if you like.
1990 Diahatsu Rocky 1.9td, Track/kick trans-tcase, 4.24's, Toys, yj's, front m/l shackle reverse, 33's, built in the ZOR shop.

[/IMG]
Bowie Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
ingler99

ingler99 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am getting vibration from axle wrap as well mostly on deceleration but just trying to get it the best I can
ingler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #6
DemoMike

DemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond reputeDemoMike has a reputation beyond repute
You want the two flanges (t-case output and rear diff. input) to be parallel for the non-cv driveshaft...
DemoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #7
LiftedSuzuki

LiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedSuzuki has a reputation beyond repute
DemoMike is right. From what I've seen the correct setup with a non CV shaft is to have the flanges parallel. Running a centered rear diff on a Zuk makes a compound angle and a CV won't work correctly. With an offset rear diff and a CV shaft, you want the pinion as straight as you can with the driveline pointing at the tcase.

'95 F-350 CCLB 7.3L, 6" Atlas Springs, 37" Toyos, Straight Pipe, DIY 6337 Intake, Autometer Boost EGT & Trans Temp Gauges
LiftedSuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #8
Jarhead

Jarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond reputeJarhead has a reputation beyond repute
CV drive shaft is the he's way to go if you are running a centered axle IMO
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #9
ack

ack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond repute
re: pinion angle

do a search for driiveshaft at acks faq (see link in siganature). There you will find two links to web pages that thoroughly explain driveshaft geometery.

All you have to do is match the examples which basically involves getting the faces of the flanges at either ends of the driveshaft to orient parallel to each other. Natually, if one end is a slipyoke, the smaller face of the slipyoke opening must be in a parallel plane with the flange on the differential.

The exception is CV driveshafts but even these have a correct installation description in the articles.

You will get the idea once you read these articles.

... and yes, I like CV joint driveshafts, too!

I hope that this helps!

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop
'16 Ford Flex Limited AWD "Uber-mobile"
http://www.acksfaq.com

ack is offline   Reply With Quote