Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Technical Section
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Technical Section Technical, Modifications, Troubleshooting, and Repairs. You better wanna get greasy to be in here!

Old 04-07-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
Seeker1

Seeker1 is an unknown quantity at this point
intermediate shaft alignment?

background.........replaced my clutch pressure plate and flywheel and I have a vibration at about 40-50 mph ........goes away above or below that . worse when decelerating in that speed range.

1. ive had the whole front shaft off a few times and pretty sure I found the matchmarks and have it in phase.

2. replaced bad intermediate shaft u-joint

3. fluid is leaking from rear trans seal, rubber seal is obviously bad , looks like previous owner installed/beat on it with with a screw driver and hammer or tried to get it out...... needs replaced wasn't leaking before clutch replacement though!

4. I'm about to go inspect the rear shaft u-joints.

questions,........
1. does the intermediate shaft/ trans rear have any kind of match marks??

2. does the intermediate shaft need to be lined up/in phase with the other shafts?
thanks for your help and any advice!!
Seeker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
Nagtrainer

Nagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond reputeNagtrainer has a reputation beyond repute
To answer your question, no on both. I have run into this problem myself. Angles was my problem. the Jack shaft from the trans to the T-case was off by a couple degrees due to motor mounts that twisted after install a new clutch.

On one of my other zuk's I found a bad input shaft to the the trans. it had a groove cut into it from the pilot bearing. Suzuki Jon (transmission guy from cali) pointed that one out to me. it happened because the alignment dowels for the trans were damaged causing a misalignment. This created force on the input shaft with the new bearing that transmitted through the drive train.

I hope these help explain the problem and get you going in the right direction.

1986 SCORE Class 3 Samurai with DOHC 1.3L Crower Cam & Rods, Fabbed Block girdle, ghetto block guard, GSXR600 ITB's Custom one off header. The Hybrid of Hybrid rear axles with ford 9" Spool and 28 spline axles, Nissan 240SX brakes, Hybrid front axle (in the process of fabbing) Snatch, Panty Liner, Twin Stick, Stage 3 clutch, MicroSquirt, FLIR, Lowrance Navigation, Yaesu 2 way, Parker Air, Sigtronic intercom.
Nagtrainer is offline   Reply With Quote