Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Suzuki Engine
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Suzuki Engine Discuss all your engine questions, troubles, and tech in this area.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
jjdlc

jjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond repute
1.6 8v vs. 1.6 16v questions.

Lately I've been considering building and swapping to a 1.6 to give the sami a little more oomph. My plan is to stick with the my-side2 setup since I'm comfortable working on it, not so much with FI. This should cut down on cost too since I only need to find a good block and head. I was under the impression that this work fine using an 8 valve, but the 16 valve would not work with the my-side2 intake. Yesterday though I was talking to someone here local who does a lot with Suzuki's, and he said the intake should work fine on the 16 valve. as well as my current exhaust manifold (off a 1.6 8 valve). I'm skeptical, so thought I'd ask here. Can you use the my-side2 intake on a 16 valve 1.6?

JJ
Old 04-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US has much to be proud ofPROM3TH3US has much to be proud ofPROM3TH3US has much to be proud ofPROM3TH3US has much to be proud ofPROM3TH3US has much to be proud ofPROM3TH3US has much to be proud ofPROM3TH3US has much to be proud ofPROM3TH3US has much to be proud of
If you build your own intake manifold it will.
And the exhaust manifold pattern is diffrent from the 8v to the 16v.
But IF you have money anything could be done.
But then again I'd swap a v12 and 1tons if I had money... :-)
PROM3TH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
daverbmxer

daverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond reputedaverbmxer has a reputation beyond repute
I don't believe anyone has found a way to use the 16v distributor with a carbureted setup though.

Ramsey winch, removable doors, 2" exhaust, Warrior rack, ZOR LED rear bumper
daverbmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
HardLuk

HardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond repute
I forget his name right now, but he's a member here. He lives in Denmark, I think. He has a Black SJ 413 that is YJ SPUA, all custom, with 33's...Sick truck.

He has a 16v with Gsxr carbs (4 carbs)....Again, I think.
"The point of spring under is better control. It has improved my handling and control a huge amount. My last lift was a 6" spoa with mudder tires, that was a pain in the butt to control, wandered all over the road, bump steer like you cant believe, rattled, shook, bounced, jiggled, everything but julienne fries." -- rkteckt

HardLuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
LiftedZuki

LiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond reputeLiftedZuki has a reputation beyond repute
Shuduck?
www.lj10.com
LiftedZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
jjdlc

jjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond reputejjdlc has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I wasn't really looking to build my own intake, rather just use the my-side2 intake I already have. That pretty much answers my question though, I'll stick to looking for an 8 valve.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
HardLuk

HardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond reputeHardLuk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedZuki View Post
Shuduck?
That would be him. I would do a search on Shuduck, and see what all he has into his motor. May not be what I thought, might be easier...
"The point of spring under is better control. It has improved my handling and control a huge amount. My last lift was a 6" spoa with mudder tires, that was a pain in the butt to control, wandered all over the road, bump steer like you cant believe, rattled, shook, bounced, jiggled, everything but julienne fries." -- rkteckt

HardLuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
skyman

skyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond reputeskyman has a reputation beyond repute
He used a distributor adapter and used the 1.3 distributor with gixxer carbs, it supposed runs like a scalded dog.
skyman is offline   Reply With Quote