Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Yota Swap Tech
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Yota Swap Tech Here you can discuss from engine swaps, axle, swaps, Tcase swaps or just about anything for your Yota parts swap.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #1
Grizzly_Adams

Grizzly_Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
How much lift from yota rear springs?

So I'm still in the planning/stockpiling stage, doing as much reading as possible but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I know there are variables depending on 2wd/4wd, what year, what other springs are added to the pack, height of spring purches and the weight of the rig but, how much lift should I expect running Toyota rears on all 4 corners?

I'm trying to decide weather I should run them sua or soa. I want to keep this thing low. I know I'll be doing a virtual lift just a question of how much.

Proposed use of rig: family camping, hunting, rockcrawler. I plan to end up on 35-37" tires.

My thought is if I can run them sua, trim heavily on the sheetmetal and limit up travel then I'll be low and stable.

If there is a thread or post(s) that cover this please shoot me a link as I'd like to see as many other rigs with this or similar setup as possible so I can look at other future questions like will I need high steer, what shocks etc.
Grizzly_Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
Conner

Conner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond repute
Here's mine on Toyota pickup rear springs spoa. I think I added 2 main springs in the front packs and one main in rears but not 100% sure on that since I've changed them up so many times. Rides and flexes great, not the lowest around but I like it. Sitting on 36" iroks.

Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #3
Grizzly_Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Here's mine on Toyota pickup rear springs spoa. I think I added 2 main springs in the front packs and one main in rears but not 100% sure on that since I've changed them up so many times. Rides and flexes great, not the lowest around but I like it. Sitting on 36" iroks.

Do you have a build thread? Or a closer pic of the suspension.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:15 PM   #4
Conner

Conner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond reputeConner has a reputation beyond repute
I had a build thread but the local site it was on doesn't seem to work anymore. I'll try and grab some pics later today.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
Grizzly_Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
I had a build thread but the local site it was on doesn't seem to work anymore. I'll try and grab some pics later today.
Sweet thanks man
Old 10-19-2017, 03:15 AM   #6
Conner

Sorry it took so long, was underneath it the other day dropping my tcase so took a few pics. Got a bit of a lean to the drivers side currently.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:28 PM   #7
Grizzly_Adams

Thanks for the pics. Thatís what I was looking for