Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums This section was designed for all later year Zuks.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
tickerpat

tickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond repute
2.7l V-6 in a sport Model

Blew up the kick so I am looking at replacements, and there are several v-6 Vitaras and XL7 on CL that are wrecked for under 1500.

Has any one seen or done this? Is it worth it? Will the stock 5 speed out of the kick work, or do I need to swap in the auto tranny too? I have read a few places that the issue with putting the v-6 in a sidekick is the frame width, but the sport model is the same width as the vitara, so it should be bolt it in wire it and fire it right? Obviously using the wiring and ECU out of the vitara/XL7.

Mannysousa's old posts are useless,

any info is appreciated, thank you

97 sport model, 2 inch spacer, 2 inch body, resting on 31" Coopers. Soon it will be sitting on a Sami front axle

tickerpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #2
samikrawler

samikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond reputesamikrawler has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the manuals bolt up differently.

depending on how your motor mounts are setup will depend on how it drops in. the mounts on the frame use 4 bolts to attach them to the frame, then the isolator stands straight up on top of it and connects to the engine mount. i wound up flipping the stock GV ones (same as a xl7) and welding them to the frame when i did the frame cut/lift on my 2000 GV. if the frame is the same width, that would make putting the motor in a breeze.

there is alot of wiring differences though.
2000 Grand Tracker: 2.5 v6, auto, 4.5" lift (no body lift), 33s, 5.12 gears, front and rear lockers, 4.24 tcase gears, steel front housing and diff, rear coilover 3 link on ford 8.8 rear axle and some damn a/c!

SOLD: 92 samuri JL, 1.3 Turboed EFI, toys, 35s, yjs, gears, ect ect ect
samikrawler is offline   Reply With Quote