Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Build-up Garage

Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Build-up Garage Showcase your build up! If you are building it, we want to see it!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
zucruisers

zucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud of
Balducci Bro's Racing 09 buggy build

I've posted this thread on a bunch of other sites, so if you want some more details on it check it out on pirate or zuwharrie...

im not going to post up a lot of tech on this build, i just dont have time considering it has to be done in about a month from now! ...its just me and dom building it at night and on the weekends

so here's a parts list off the top of my head -

drivertrain - 1.6 16v, 3spd auto, kicker 4, stock geared dual toy cases, marlin mc07-r10 adapter, longfield chromoly rear output, twin sticks, trail tough rear disconnect, custom engine and tcase mounts using poly leaf spring bushings, and a front range offroad fab tcase crossmember center plate

axles - ifs toy rear axle, 4.88's, ARB, front range full floater/disc brake kit(vented rotors), longfield chromo drive flanges
85 toy minitruck front axle, HP fj80 diff, 4.88's, ARB, 5" widened housing, custom length longfield 30 spline inner shafts, long birfs, long chromo drive flanges, ifs wheel bearing hubs, taco rotors

suspension - thanks to CLAYTON OFFROAD MANUFACTURING, we are using clayton's links with johnny joints, custom length long arms, triangulated 4-link in the rear with 16" SAW airshocks, 3-link/panhard up front with 14" SAW airshocks

steering - going to be full hydro, dont have space for anything else, marlin crawler competition series high steer arms with upgraded trunion kit, ARP steering arm studs

wheels are 17" campbell enterprises aluminum beadlocks, with a beadlocked steel soft 8 for a spare, new 37" maxxis trepadors came in yesterday

Sean Devinney of aftermarket4x4 is doing the wiring harness for us, cutting it down and getting rid of all the unecessary stuff

sponsors for this year are Clayton Offroad Manufacturing, A-Z fabrication, Aftermarket 4X4, and Maxxis Tires

www.claytonoffroad.com
www.atozfabrication.com
www.aftermarket4x4.com
www.maxxis.com

stock parts stripped -

started cutting -

tcase mount -

front lower link mounts -

zucruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
zucruisers

zucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud ofzucruisers has much to be proud of

Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #3
zucruisers

2 more roof tubes to add -

20" frame height, 74" roof line...we'll probably drop it down 2" from here -

full compression -

hopefully you guys like what ya see:: more updates after this weekend!
Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #4
zucruisers

couple more pics

windshield spreaders are in

a little polish on the wheels

chassis end of the swaybar mount is done, couple more supports, harness bar is tacked in and one side of the upper b-pillar diagonal is in

Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
zucruisers

full bump, checking width/steering clearance...and building the panhard -

new suckdown winch that weigh 8.6 lbs:laughing:

enjoy
Old 04-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #6
JJ3

JJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond reputeJJ3 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! that was quik! Sweet man, keep it up.
JJ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
2slo

2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute
looking real good. I'm really diggin how you trimmed up the tub. Nice ring gear inspection hole on the rear, don't forget one on the front or you'll hate it.

Last edited by 2slo; 04-07-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: hole
2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
zukiWilson

zukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond reputezukiWilson has a reputation beyond repute
Sick build, I really like the lines on the tubework and the front axle specs. Are those Clayton links the same size material and thickness as their Jeep stuff or did you guys get thicker material?
Build Thread
zukiWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
rockmike
Krawler

rockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond reputerockmike has a reputation beyond repute
Completly bad ass,great fab work!! The lines are looking great,and I love the low hood ,vision will be excellant!!!

The square links softens the wood the rest of the rig gave me

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

There are obstacles and there are obstacles with consequences.....

Zuk people rule!
in Honor of our fallen brothers.R.I.P. brothers
pie
zero
VB
I'd rather be out wheelin thinkin about God,than sittin in a church on Sunday thinkin about wheelin.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
slickrock209

slickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond repute
nice

slickrock209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
domba420

domba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiWilson View Post
Sick build, I really like the lines on the tubework and the front axle specs. Are those Clayton links the same size material and thickness as their Jeep stuff or did you guys get thicker material?
they're the same size, 2" .250" lowers and 1.5" .120" uppers this rig should weigh in at right around 2500 lbs. comp ready so i think they'll be fine, i've seen them hold up to years of abuse under built jeeps with no problems. if we have any issues we'll go with 7075 at the end of the year, they aren't quite in the budget for now though. also in case anyone is wondering why we didn't just build a full tube chassis, we needed to keep a small amount of the stock vehicle to fit our class.
domba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
zucruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slo View Post
looking real good. I'm really diggin how you trimmed up the tub. Nice ring gear inspection hole on the rear, don't forget one on the front or you'll hate it.
the inspection hole is just a stock toy drain plug relocated so i can fill the diffs easier(the drain plugs are easier to relocate that the fill plugs), or overfill them if needed...the front will get the same, but they arent really big enough to inspect anything inside

and the hood wont be as low as that mockup pic because of tire/fender, engine/rad clearance...but it wont make visibility any worse

im glad you guys like it...thats always good for motivation
Old 04-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #13
2slo

2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute2slo has a reputation beyond repute
ooooh. in that case. Hey, you can add ring gear inspection holes before you seal them up? Sure wish I had done that when my axles were apart.

Heres what I'm talking about. Makes inspections more frequent and a breeze.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cyclops.jpg (122.3 KB, 491 views)
File Type: jpg cyclops2.jpg (131.6 KB, 487 views)
Old 04-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #14
zucruisers

i'd love to get some spidertrax inspection plugs, but at this point we cant even afford to buy the stuff that we need, ...so they'll have to wait until i decide to regear the diffs or change something later on
Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
JK Fab

JK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond reputeJK Fab has a reputation beyond repute
subscribed !!

JK Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #16
Scott410
ZK Moderator

Scott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond reputeScott410 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent build so far, keep us posted

Scott410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #17
2slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucruisers View Post
i'd love to get some spidertrax inspection plugs, but at this point we cant even afford to buy the stuff that we need, ...so they'll have to wait until i decide to regear the diffs or change something later on
oh, I just stole the diamond housing picts and didn't know spidertrax sold them. I was going to use an o2 bung with a plug from the hardware store, thats like $3. plenty big enough to see the teeth.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #18
kabob

kabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond reputekabob has a reputation beyond repute
awsome fab work man what series you going to be racing in ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ephrael View Post
This is the greatest thread in the history of threads. Thank you guys so much.

kabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #19
redbeard
costume time.

redbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond reputeredbeard has a reputation beyond repute
looking good.

Samimog,
50 pounds of parts crammed on a 10 pound rig

wish me luck

co-owner mega camper

www.facebook.com/2tribesevents
PIE

WTSS forever
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #20
domba420

domba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nicedomba420 is just really nice
we'll be running Rausch creek rock crawling series, and rausch creek racing series, and also hopefully a few local hick races. then hopefully we'll add a turbo and maybe a 2.0l over the winter and hit some KOH qualifers in '10

here's the site with some info on the rausch creek series www.rcrocs.com
domba420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #21
zucruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slo View Post
oh, I just stole the diamond housing picts and didn't know spidertrax sold them. I was going to use an o2 bung with a plug from the hardware store, thats like $3. plenty big enough to see the teeth.
the toy drain plugs that are in there now are about the size of an 02 bung i think...im sure i can kind of inspect the ring gear, but if something goes wrong to the point that its making any noise or acting funny where i'd want to inspect it, i'd be tearing the diff out...doesnt really take that long to do
Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #22
2slo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucruisers View Post
the toy drain plugs that are in there now are about the size of an 02 bung i think...im sure i can kind of inspect the ring gear, but if something goes wrong to the point that its making any noise or acting funny where i'd want to inspect it, i'd be tearing the diff out...doesnt really take that long to do
I understand. The only reason I mentioned it was because my front diff came out 6 times last year and twice so far this year. Couple of weekends ago we did three 5 rated trails in two days and I haven't heard or felt any noise from the r/p, but wish I could look inside because I'm heading for the hammers in two weeks.

can't wait to see the rig when its done, its looking real good.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #23
zucruisers

roof bars done last night -

Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #24
671_tyzuki

671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute
damn......nice build......here in Guam there's a shop that is building one too....
here's a link.....

http://dragguam.com/dragboard/showth...light=sidekick

vince

5.12 F&R,6.5 TG t-case gears with updated output shaft,zor snatch,trailtough front chromo shafts,warn locking hubs,2in.wheel spacers,yj missing links,32/36 weber carb,custom hooker exhaust,and a sexy driver
671_tyzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #25
RP-Zuki

RP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond reputeRP-Zuki has a reputation beyond repute
just plain sexy ! nice build so far man.
RP-Zuki is offline   Reply With Quote