View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
SamuraiJack88

SamuraiJack88 is an unknown quantity at this point
1.6 16v swap(sami noob)

I'm starting this thread for a place to put all the questions I will have in the future as I work my way through this swap. I have an 88 Samurai with the scariest wiring I've ever seen, yet it runs, barely. I cleaned the carb and it still runs poorly, motor smokes, and it would be gutless if it was at 100%.

So I picked up a 95 tracker for $200 with the 16v. It didn't run when I bought it but I got it running and driving around the yard despite its roof having been chopped off and the frame rusting away. I ordered the trail tough adapter plate and a new clutch. So far I have the 1.6 pulled and on an engine stand. I have pulled the whole wiring harness from the tracker and plan to use all of it in place of the samurai wiring, it all worked before pulling. I plan to use the tracker instrument cluster in the samurai dash somehow.

So my first question is about the speedometer cable. With the samurai t-case and the tracker instrument cluster, will either of these cables plug right in and work?
SamuraiJack88 is offline   Reply With Quote