PDA

View Full Version : door glass removal - anyone?

01rededge
03-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm getting a set of doors which are in excellent shape, but have no glass.

My current doors suck, but have the glass intact.

Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the glass and get it into the new doors?

I did a search and came up with nothing, so I figured I'd toss it out there.

If you want to know why, I plan on putting the AC back into the zuk so I can use it during the summer and want to seal up the cabin area as much as possible......it gets rediculously humid down here in coming months.

purevil71
03-07-2006, 09:50 PM
I plan on putting the AC back into the zuk so I can use it

Whats this AC you speak of :confused:

TX_ZUKI
03-07-2006, 10:13 PM
It's nice to have in Texas.

Wish I knew how to take a window off, I don't have any doors

OKIE ZUK
03-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Remove the rubber strips from top edge of window. Remove inside door panel and remove two phillip screws at bottom of window. Lift window out and reverse to install.

TX_ZUKI
03-07-2006, 10:18 PM

madzukr
03-07-2006, 10:21 PM

calm down TX,your repeating yourself.:)

TX_ZUKI
03-07-2006, 10:36 PM
lol, damn hotel Internet calm down TX,your repeating yourself.:)

madzukr
03-07-2006, 10:42 PM
lol, damn hotel Internet

hotel.
where you at?

elotsip
03-07-2006, 10:44 PM
More importently, who you with! :D

TX_ZUKI
03-07-2006, 10:45 PM
hotel.
where you at?Davenport, IA. Rainy & cold!

TX_ZUKI
03-07-2006, 10:46 PM
More importently, who you with! :DJust me, I wish I had a hottie here with me. :p

zero
03-08-2006, 02:08 AM
Just me, I wish I had a hottie here with me. :p

Even home alone beats that.

Cheap tool from auto parts house to remove clips from roll up handle sure

helps getting door panel off. :bling:

zorproducts
03-08-2006, 09:17 AM
The Hanes Samurai repair manual shows very detailed pictures on taking the entire window lift assembly out.

My

01rededge
03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys - I don't have to worry about door panel removal - there are none on my doors. Nor do I have interior door handles or window cranks.....hence the new doors, which are in much better shape and have all the working hardware.

I guess I'll get some pictures up this weekend so ya'll can see what I'm working with.....

zero
03-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks guys - I don't have to worry about door panel removal - there are none on my doors. Nor do I have interior door handles or window cranks.....hence the new doors, which are in much better shape and have all the working hardware.

I guess I'll get some pictures up this weekend so ya'll can see what I'm working with.....

You have more than my attention. You have no interior panels, cranks, or handles on any of the doors? Not only am I simple, I am simply lost.

thispicis

Just kidding, but am really interested, as well as curious. :suzuki:

minchoffroad
03-13-2006, 07:25 PM
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

2-Door Models

See Figures 1 through 5

Remove the door trim panel.

Peel the watershield off of the inside face of the door. If the watershield is not excessively damaged during removal (rips or tears may be repaired with waterproof tape), it may be reused. Otherwise, a new one can be purchased or fabricated from a plastic lawn bag.

Lower the window all the way down.

On X-90 models, remove the window glass stoppers from the top edge of the window opening.

Wrap electrical tape around the blade of a putty knife, then use the knife to gently pry the door outside weatherstripping off of the door.

Pry the inner weatherstripping off of the door.

Loosen the glass bottom channel mounting screws, then lift the glass and bottom channel up and out of the door.

Position the door glass on a clean, padded surface.

Fig. 1: After removing the door panel and window glass, loosen the regulator bolts (arrows) and remove the regulator through the large hole at the bottom of the door-X-90 model shown

Fig. 2: Window regulator mounting screw locations-Sidekick and Tracker

If necessary, the bottom channel can now be removed.

If equipped with power windows, detach the wiring harness connector from the regulator wiring harness connector, then loosen the regulator harness holding clamp.

Loosen the window regulator mounting bolts, then remove the regulator from the door through hole (A).

To install:

Prior to installation, apply multi-purpose grease to the lubrication points shown in the accompanying illustration.

Fig. 3: Before installing the regulator, apply multi-purpose grease to the regulator at the points shown (A)

Maneuver the window regulator through the hole in the door and into position. Install the regulator mounting bolts and tighten them securely.

If equipped with power windows, reattach the wiring harness connector to the regulator wiring harness.

If the bottom channel was removed from the glass, apply soapy water to the bottom channel and carefully tap the channel in place on the glass with a plastic hammer. The channel should be positioned so that the rear hole of the channel is 1.65 in. (42mm) from the bottom, rear corner of the window glass for Samurai models, or 15.69 in. (39.85cm) from the rear edge of the glass for Sidekick and Tracker models.

Fig. 4: If the bottom channel was removed from the glass, install it so that the rear hole is 1.65 in. (42mm) from the lower rear corner-Samurai models

Fig. 5: On Sidekick and Tracker models, the rear hole of the bottom channel should be 15.69 in. (39.85cm) from the rear corner of the glass

Lower the glass and channel down into the door.

Install the bottom channel mounting bolts securely.

Adjust the position of the window glass.

Install the inner and outer door weatherstripping.

On X-90 models, install the window glass stoppers onto the top edge of the window opening.

Apply a continuous bead of sealant to the inner face of the door, then install the watershield on the door.

Install the door panel.

4-Door Models

Remove the door trim panel.

Peel the watershield off of the inside face of the door. If the watershield is not excessively damaged during removal (rips or tears may be repaired with waterproof tape), it may be reused. Otherwise, a new one can be purchased or fabricated from a plastic lawn bag.

Lower the window all the way down.

Wrap electrical tape around the blade of a putty knife, then use the knife to gently pry the door outside weatherstripping off of the door.

Pry the inner weatherstripping off of the door.

Loosen the glass mounting screws, then lift the glass up and out of the door.

Position the door glass on a clean, padded surface.

If equipped with power windows, detach the wiring harness connector from the regulator wiring harness connector, then loosen the regulator harness holding clamp.

Loosen the window regulator mounting bolts, then remove the regulator from the door through hole (A).

To install:

Prior to installation, apply multi-purpose grease to the lubrication points shown in the accompanying illustration.

Manueveur the window regulator through the hole in the door and into position. Install the regulator mounting bolts and tighten them securely.

Adjust the position of the window glass.

If equipped with power windows, reattach the wiring harness connector to the regulator wiring harness.

Lower the glass down into the door.

Install the glass mounting bolts securely.

Install the outer door weatherstripping.

Apply a continuous bead of sealant to the inner face of the door, then install the watershield on the door.

Install the door panel.

DOOR GLASS ADJUSTMENT

X-90 Models

See Figure 6

The window glass should be adjusted up and down so that the top edge of the window is level (as shown in the accompanying illustration). To adjust the front or rear of the window in the up-down orientation, fine-tune the positions of door stops A and B.

If the top edge of the window needs adjusting in or out from the vehicle, perform the following:

Loosen the trim support fixing screws.

Fig. 6: Move the various door stops and sashes to adjust the position of the window glass-X-90 models

Move the lower end of the rear sash by adjusting stud bolt B in or out as needed.

Move the upper end of the rear sash by moving stud bolt A in or out as necessary.

With the window glass fully raised, tighten the trim support fixing screw so that the window is no longer wobbly.

Except X-90 Models

FRONT DOORS

See Figure 7

To adjust the position of the window glass, loosen the regulator mounting bolts and move the entire assembly until the glass is properly positioned. The top edge of the glass should be parallel with the top edge of the door, and the back edge of the glass should fit snugly in the rubber weatherstripping groove. Tighten the regulator bolts once the glass is properly adjusted.

Fig. 7: The window should be adjusted so that its top edge is parallel with the door frame edge, as shown

REAR DOORS

During installation, adjust the window glass position as follows:

Loosen the five screws and two bolts.

Using the window regulator crank handle, raise the window completely.

Tighten the fasteners marked securely.

Lower the window glass fully.

Securely tighten the two screws marked 2

Refer to the door glass and regulator procedure for details.

minchoffroad
03-13-2006, 07:28 PM
here are the last 1 but figure 6 no work herebsodd

01rededge
03-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Awesome write up.....now if I can get the 'other' doors, I'll be able to do the swap.

minchoffroad
03-13-2006, 07:43 PM
hey i am here to help out if you need anything elsejust let us know.