PDA

View Full Version : front zuki axle front and rear

zero
03-02-2006, 04:05 AM
A couple of years ago, I saw where a guy was building a buggy with rear steering. It was on Pirate. Anyone remember it, or know anything about it?

I think he was using two Samurai front axles. :confused:

I thought it was really going to be cool, but I didn't think very long. Tonight has been so long, I have had time to think, and I think I'm interested again.

zukking01
03-02-2006, 08:19 AM
I thought about it too. Problem is putting a front in the rear means the chunk is on the drivers side. I was going to use a yj front and reverse it. That would put the chunk on the pass which is good. The gears were also the same. The thought died when I recieved free GM axles. But a quad steerrig would be sweet.

zero
03-02-2006, 08:52 AM
I believe this will be a very interesting build-up. Pictures to follow, and

comments and suggestions are encouraged. popcornn

Billjohn
03-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Are you sure it would be strong enough? Stock axles are only 22 spline, and upgraded axles (26 spline) are only as strong a stock rears... not much of an upgrade. The steering is a plus, but I think the breakage would be kinda rough (not to mention the strength of the birfields...).

purevil71
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I think if it were me, I'd look into a Dana something to use.
Unless you're going for a mini buggy.

zero
03-02-2006, 10:54 AM
It would just be a mini-buggy for fun, light duty conversation piece. toast

TX_ZUKI
03-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Zero doesn't do anything hard core, unless it involves his special Mountain Dew.

Hardline
03-02-2006, 09:10 PM
It would just be a mini-buggy for fun, light duty conversation piece. toast
Eddie I think it would work good for you. If it were going to be beatin on real hard it would not hold up. I would think you would have to go with atleast a Dana 44. But like you said it would not be beat on real hard. Should work great. I think it would be awesome to have a electricaly controled variable flow valve for the front and rear full hydro steering. Then I would use two 15 ohm potentiometers to operate the valves. You would not have any steering wheel or anything. Would just have two knobs about the size of the dash light dimmer control. The machines I work on everyday at work have these type of components on them. It would not be difficut to do and would be an awesome conversation piece. May take a little time to get comfortable driving "by wire".JJ

Roach2004
03-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Just put a steering wheel in the back and lie to the people! lol

zero
03-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I have two valves and components from (actually on) V30's that control left and right steering, up and down blade, left and right blade, and up and down trencher. I thought I might put rear steer and extend and/or up and down roller bumpers. Maybe put hydraulic arms w/ rollers on the sides to upright or roll almost on the side and reduce drag. Might even create jacks under each wheel to change tires or lift to put boards under stuck wheels. Just daydreaming. Could be an artistic outlet or an autistic outlet for an "old floper."

The valve actually has four 2-way momentary levers, and one on-off-on lever. There is no telling what baby-beast may end up being, but I bet he

will be..... :shocked!:

never finished. popcornn

zero
03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I have two valves and components from Ditch Witch V30's. I thought I might put rear steer and extend and/or up and down roller bumpers. Maybe put hydraulic arms w/ rollers on the sides to upright or roll almost on the side and reduce drag.

The valve actually has four 2-way momentary levers, and one on-off-on lever.

Any suggestions other than one lever to steer the rear? Severe overkill unless I can control more functions.

DesertZuki
03-03-2006, 08:38 PM
...and extend and/or up and down roller bumpers. Maybe put hydraulic arms w/ rollers on the sides to upright or roll almost on the side and reduce drag. Might even create jacks under each wheel to change tires or lift to put boards under stuck wheels...
I really like the ideas, but sounds like a lot of metal (weight).

zero
03-04-2006, 01:51 AM
I really like the ideas, but sounds like a lot of metal (weight).

No more than D44's and 39" tires. It would be a challenge for sure.

DesertZuki
03-04-2006, 11:33 AM
No more than D44's and 39" tires...
...true.

zukking01
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
DO IT. I wanna see a quad steer zuk.