PDA

View Full Version : Front clip

Big4x4ride
02-28-2006, 11:40 PM
How in the hell do I remove the front clip on my sami??? :)

Itsmejoe231
02-28-2006, 11:51 PM
there are about 12 10mm bolts all along the inside by the fire wall on each side and under in the fender well. you have to take the door hinges off and remove the body mount bolts up by the head lights. Also on the passenger side there a 2 bolts that hold you brake junction thinga-ma-bob through the fender and those have to come off too. I have had mine off so many times I got to where I could get it off in about 20 minutes. Much easier to work on stuff.....Good luck.

Big4x4ride
02-28-2006, 11:54 PM
i got the body moutn bolts out, cant get hinges off since all the phillips heads are stripped, and I got 9 10mm bolts out of firewall. trying to get this off so i can make my 2.8 mounts :)

Itsmejoe231
03-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Get you a 7/16 or what ever size bolt and weld it to the stripped out phillips head. the heat from welding it will loosin up the 25 year old factory loc-tight they used and it will come loose. us a ratchet or wrench on your newly welded bolt. Replace with a stainless steal socket head bolt(allen head) or what ever tickles your fancy. :mrgreen: I can get you a link for that too if you want.

Big4x4ride
03-01-2006, 01:05 AM
lol did the same but with a 1/2 nut since thats all i had. I still need to get out the 2 phillips screws that are inside the door opening, and 2 under the driver fender and then i should be set I think

muskyslayr
03-01-2006, 05:36 AM
there are about 12 10mm bolts all along the inside by the fire wall on each side and under in the fender well. you have to take the door hinges off and remove the body mount bolts up by the head lights. Also on the passenger side there a 2 bolts that hold you brake junction thinga-ma-bob through the fender and those have to come off too. I have had mine off so many times I got to where I could get it off in about 20 minutes. Much easier to work on stuff.....Good luck.

Sure that's not a thinga-ma-jig? :mrgreen:

simplesam
03-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Sure that's not a thinga-ma-jig? :mrgreen:

I have to agree, a thinga-ma-jig, holds a thing in place

A thinga-ma-bob, is the thing itself..

as for removing the screws I found an impact driver was easiest, and if you are trying to salvage the paint, a dremel can cut a driver slot in the top before you use the driver (if stripped)

Droopypete
03-01-2006, 05:53 PM
This snap on tool that goes in an air hammer is the absolute best and eaiest way to remove any frozen screw.

Itsmejoe231
03-01-2006, 08:10 PM
This snap on tool that goes in an air hammer is the absolute best and eaiest way to remove any frozen screw.

Yes that is perfect to get them out if they are not already molested with a screw driver. Also put some heat on them before you use it to get the loc-tight melted. If they are already stripped out the best way is welding another bolt to them.

ford381stroker
03-01-2006, 10:19 PM
i used my impact screwdriver on every samurai i buy. First hit with the hammer breaks them loose ever time. $100 on a snap-on truck.....last you a life time......keeps money in your pocket in stead of in the cuss jar...

DesertZuki
03-02-2006, 09:55 PM
i used my impact screwdriver on every samurai i buy. First hit with the hammer breaks them loose ever time. $100 on a snap-on truck.....last you a life time......keeps money in your pocket in stead of in the cuss jar...
x2!
Cheap ones aren't worth the money you didn't pay. Unless you like to add to the cuss jar.

Hardline
03-02-2006, 10:01 PM
This is what did the trick for my Zuki!

Sally
03-02-2006, 10:24 PM
i got the body moutn bolts out, cant get hinges off since all the phillips heads are stripped, and I got 9 10mm bolts out of firewall. trying to get this off so i can make my 2.8 mounts :)

you only have to remove the lower hinge if i'm not mistaken to remove the fender

and all you snap on impact driver fans out there
i have 5 broken impact driver sockets from my snap on kit
all where broken on the samurai or a tracker

i need to try one of those impact hammer tools