PDA

View Full Version : YJ questions

Zee
01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
I picked up a set of YJ's for my Zuk and when fitting the springs to the new hangers i noticed that there is a distinct difference in the width of the bushings from the 5 leaf pack to the 4 leaf pack.
I ended up grinding some of the stock bushing off to make it fit.
This had to be done on both ends of the spring to make them fit.
I installed the 5 pack on the rear,and when using Sky's rear spring front frame hanger it was too tight for the bushing to fit in between the brackets hence the grinding. Now when i go to fit up the 4 leaf pack to the front it is sloppy inbetween the hangers and ML.
The only reason i used the stock bushings was they were in real good condition and i like rubber better than poly,more forgiving.
So if i was to purchase some after market poly bushings will i run into the same problem,or are they thinner than stock?
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the front anf rear bushing width,i checked Energy Suspension site,but if didn't list a distinct difference .
Does anyone have a recommendation on different brands of bushings?
I will try and get a few pics to show the problem.
Thanks,
Z

blakroze zuki
01-09-2006, 07:55 PM
I would like to know how much it will cost to get YJ's done. Grady has the YJ's but do not have the parts to put them on. Any ideas on how much everything will cost, his b-day is coming up???

Billjohn
01-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Quickest and easiest way is to give Brent a call up at Trail Tough. He can put together everything you need and ship it to your door.

Itsmejoe231
01-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I picked up a set of YJ's for my Zuk and when fitting the springs to the new hangers i noticed that there is a distinct difference in the width of the bushings from the 5 leaf pack to the 4 leaf pack.
I ended up grinding some of the stock bushing off to make it fit.
This had to be done on both ends of the spring to make them fit.
I installed the 5 pack on the rear,and when using Sky's rear spring front frame hanger it was too tight for the bushing to fit in between the brackets hence the grinding. Now when i go to fit up the 4 leaf pack to the front it is sloppy inbetween the hangers and ML.
The only reason i used the stock bushings was they were in real good condition and i like rubber better than poly,more forgiving.
So if i was to purchase some after market poly bushings will i run into the same problem,or are they thinner than stock?
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the front anf rear bushing width,i checked Energy Suspension site,but if didn't list a distinct difference .
Does anyone have a recommendation on different brands of bushings?
I will try and get a few pics to show the problem.
Thanks,
Z

Pics please. I'm having trouble figuring out your problem.

Zee
01-09-2006, 09:17 PM
My conversion cost me :
rear brackets and shackles $100 +10 shipping
complete front $135 + 12 shipping
springs 1 set $50
springs another set FREE
All the brackets and hardware was from Sky.
Z

I would like to know how much it will cost to get YJ's done. Grady has the YJ's but do not have the parts to put them on. Any ideas on how much everything will cost, his b-day is coming up???

Zee
01-09-2006, 09:19 PM
I have pics,just need to resize them and get them posted.
Screwed up my back so i can't sit at the computer very long.
Z