PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 stalls, leaks fuel, and has stuff in carb

hotsauce
04-15-2007, 05:15 PM
ok so my problem was:
jarring the sammi made it stall, then acted flooded and would usually restart in a minute. (started last week)

yesterday it didnt want to restart on the trail so we looked and found (1)some kinda chunky wet stuff in the bottom of carb above the valve. looks like tree bark maybe. it wasnt there last time i looked. (2) the charcoal filter next to the battery was leaking fuel at a fast pace. i wont have time to look at it for a couple of days so umm, wtf do i do?

what i know....... get the stuff out of carb. clean carb real good with brake clean. read here for more info.

billsbar
04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Nope not what I was going to say.

I was going to say

Get my MY Side and cure the problem once and for all.

Signed Myron

WVhillbilly
04-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Nope not what I was going to say.

I was going to say

Get my MY Side and cure the problem once and for all.

Signed Myron

X2 rockonn

jbzukin
04-15-2007, 08:27 PM
short of an upgrade like Bill suggested, I would say change the fuel filter and maybe add another just before the carb. if there is something coming loose of flaking in your lines it will end up in the carb and plug up the needle and float. if it seems like it is flooding the float is stuck open.

WVhillbilly
04-15-2007, 08:49 PM
And some Seafoam after new filters, then new filters again.

fuctzookis.a.
04-16-2007, 12:02 PM
dam i never thought of adding a secondary fuel filter more up front! thanks jbzukin! i tried seafoam but i guess i didnt use enough. no smoke, or weird stuff happened. and yes billsbar, that myside upgrade is next on my list. i found a motorcycle junkyard and will be runnin there saturday if they are open... gotta get me a harley carb! oh stoppped by the harley store/ service shop, they were like "uhm ok, if thats what cha think will work" gotta get mine put in and run back there and show them some zuk/ harley/zor zukenstein shiznit!

shorty
04-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Propane...

hotsauce
04-17-2007, 07:09 PM
"Get my MY Side and cure the problem once and for all."

im stupid, what does this mean?

WVhillbilly
04-17-2007, 08:25 PM
http://zuksoffroad.com/products/MY-SIDE.htm
Here ya go.

hotsauce
04-18-2007, 10:27 AM
thanks for the input, ill keep this post updated as i go.