PDA

View Full Version : In Cab Snorkle for Tracker

sktw8
04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
I want to put a snorkle on my tracker and want to run it through the fire wall into the cab of the car. Has anybody seen this done? And how was the tubing ran? If anybody has any ideas or pics I'd love to see them. I just picked up some tubing and a new filter yesterday. I'll post pics when I'm done but would like to hear from y'all first.

Jack

Itsmejoe231
04-10-2007, 04:20 PM
Is that so when you fart it will get sniffed up by the intake first? I know a few that would need this. lol

Billjohn
04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Methane boost!

fuctzookis.a.
04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
dont think you would get the same benefits as having it outside the vehicle would you? the fresh non obstructed air is what you want right? it would keep it from gettin bashed and ripped off by branches and whatnot buti dont see it workng as the o.g. snorkel

jus my 0.03$

suzota
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
dont do it.

petrol fumes in the car.
lack of cold air flow
what if you have a backfire through the carb

Touz
04-10-2007, 07:29 PM
what if you have a backfire through the carb

And you fart at the same time...

methane + backfire=

KABOOM!!

sorry guys!:funny: :happy

shorty
04-10-2007, 07:53 PM
I have had several in cab snorkeled trucks... and I have not had a problem with cold air/fuel fumes/ or anything else... My snorkel was long enough that the only backfire I even had never made it to the end of the snorkel.

I have one started on the sammy I have now and it will be mounted with the filter on the end of the snorkel inside the cab at the top of the "A" pillar of my cage.

I had a 4.3 in an old nissan truck when I lived in Florida and it was snorkeled on the inside... the noise was SWEET when you hit the back two barrels!!! jamminzz

fuctzookis.a.
04-10-2007, 08:05 PM
hmm, as always there is another way. but ill stick to outside.

rotorrising
06-18-2007, 07:27 AM
this topic intrests me, would this allow you to complete submerge the vehicle. I can see only one problem with this and that is the snorkel would gradually remove all breathable air from the cabin if the windows are up

LostSoul
06-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I do not see an issue with it, the Redneck Racer Tracker thing that my buddy made was internal snorkle and it was funny to hear that POP POP POP of the T body inside. I am going this route soon as I will not have a place when the Cage is done that will allow it to be save. Besides I have no back window and run no doors alot.

WVhillbilly
06-18-2007, 09:33 PM
this topic intrests me, would this allow you to complete submerge the vehicle. I can see only one problem with this and that is the snorkel would gradually remove all breathable air from the cabin if the windows are up

Cab would have to be REALLY airtight.

Gearhead61
06-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah most cabs aren't that airtight at all really...

overthebars
06-29-2007, 09:45 PM
theres a program on the germay channel DW and there is a auto show on there where over in europe were they race Samurais they run the snorkles inside,. mud racing....I guess look for the program or date a german girl,......