PDA

View Full Version : PCV Problems?

captain insano
04-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Im having trouble w/ an oil leak:

I recently rebuilt the 1324 in my 87 zuk and, after a trailride, I noticed some oil on the top of the valve cover. I have a Holley 2bbl carb on there and no emissions junk, so I have the vacuum line from the PCV going straight to the valve cover instead of the T with the additional hose going to the airbox. Has anyone run into problems w/ running the PCV lines this way, or am I possibly suffering from a bad PCV? Its a significant amount of oil loss too. 30 minutes @ zuk highway speeds = oil level from full to the low mark on the dipstick. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zuk on!
-e-

billsbar
04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
so do you think your pcv is not working and the blow by is causing you to leak that much oil, or do you think your oil loss came from it being sucked out of your valve cover thru the vacuum line?

captain insano
04-04-2007, 04:12 PM
It isn't burning the oil, it's just slinging it out of the top of the engine from what i can tell. A lot of oil on the valve cover and on the intake side of the engine. I'm wondering if the PCV valve malfunctioning could cause more pressure @ higher rpms and oil is getting forced out of the valve cover? It doesn’t seem like it’s coming from the front seal(s) cam or crank which are both new.

captain insano
04-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Update:
got a new PCV, routed the vacuum lines like stock, and made sure my valve cover bolts were tight. No more oil loss.
Thanks again guys