PDA

View Full Version : K&N air filters

filter
04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Well it's about time to replace my air filter. Who here runs a K&N air filter and how do you like them? Also what all is involved in cleaning them? Just hose them off and reoil them?

elotsip
04-03-2007, 12:08 PM
I run K&N filters and have for many years. I ran one on my prerunner ranger and I run one on my samurai. I would recommend getting a precharer for it as well. If not you can get mud packed in it. For regular cleanings you just spray some cleaner on it let it sit for a few minutes then rinse it out. Then let it sit and dry they spray it with filter oil and your done. Not hard at all.

filter
04-03-2007, 12:30 PM
I run K&N filters and have for many years. I ran one on my prerunner ranger and I run one on my samurai. I would recommend getting a precharer for it as well. If not you can get mud packed in it. For regular cleanings you just spray some cleaner on it let it sit for a few minutes then rinse it out. Then let it sit and dry they spray it with filter oil and your done. Not hard at all.
Thanks for the comments. Mine sees very little mud and it will be inside the air cleaner housing so it should be ok without a precharger.

As long as I can afford one i'll pick one up. :happy

madzukr
04-03-2007, 12:38 PM
the dustier the climate,the more it needs cleaned.and it can be a pain in the arce at times.

filter
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
We have this stuff in PA it's called grass. I don't know if you've ever heard of it or not. I'm just yanking your chain. lol

Yeah I can see it being a problem in AZ but it shouldn't be too bad here unless i'm following people on dirt roads a lot.

filter
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Well I bought one on ebay. Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290099200232&rd=1,1) I couldn't pass it up. :dance:

kamikaze
04-03-2007, 09:08 PM
sweet score

filter
04-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I think I paid $12 for the one I got in there now and it was the cheapest one I could find at the time. lol

madzukr
04-04-2007, 01:47 AM
We have this stuff in PA it's called grass. I don't know if you've ever heard of it or not. I'm just yanking your chain. lol

Yeah I can see it being a problem in AZ but it shouldn't be too bad here unless i'm following people on dirt roads a lot.

grass?that's that stuff you put in the easter baskets,right?
no,we can have grass here if you own the water company to keep it watered.but in the long run it turns to dust like everything else and ends up in my k&n.:funny: