PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help

Mikey
03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Swapping a '93 1.6 8v into my '87 TinTop
stuck on wiring the Tach and CheckEngine Lights

I think the Check Engine light is the Purple/Yellow on the Tracker and Brown/Black on the Sami.
Tach really screws me up - Black/White & Brown on the Tracker - Brown on the Sami

that sound right to people?

Itsmejoe231
03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
I think you are right on the Check engine light.

My info says the Tach wire on the tracker is Brown and IIRC the sami is brown as well.

Mikey
03-26-2007, 06:49 PM
thank you.
hooked it up today - brown to brown, and the check engine light
course it refuses to run - arrgg!!

when the check engine light blinks for the trouble codes - is it supposed to turn off completely or just dim?

Itsmejoe231
03-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I dont think the Check engine light blinks codes. It just comes on when there is a code The dianostic port blinks codes. You have to put a jumper wire and use a test light to get the codes. I will see what info I can get for you.

Billjohn
03-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont think the Check engine light blinks codes. It just comes on when there is a code The dianostic port blinks codes. You have to put a jumper wire and use a test light to get the codes. I will see what info I can get for you.

My 92 would blink the codes if you put a fuse into the fuse slot marked 'diagnostic'.
Example...

blink - pause - blink blink blink - pause - repeat = 13 (O2 sensor)

http://www.billjohn.com/drivetrain/codes.htm

Mikey
03-29-2007, 07:12 PM
arg!
had it running, everything worked fine.
put the intermediate shaft in and took it for a short spin - now the temp gauge and the fuel gauge stopped working. No idea why.