PDA

View Full Version : Gas in the oil?

Paulyester
03-25-2007, 12:04 AM
I drained the oil in my motor tonight and the oil was quite liquidy and had a strong gasoline smell. I'm assuming that's bad. Any ideas what's wrong?

Itsmejoe231
03-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Could be a bad diaphram on the fuel pump.

madzukr
03-25-2007, 12:13 AM

yep.
change the fuel pump and the oil again if you've been driveing it.

hoppa
03-25-2007, 12:13 AM
I would have to say that your running to rich ,not burning all the fuel, and its getting past your rings and into your oil. Hows the compression? Is it flooding at all?

hillbilly
03-25-2007, 01:07 AM

:agree:

Paulyester
03-25-2007, 10:23 AM
I would have to say that your running to rich ,not burning all the fuel, and its getting past your rings and into your oil. Hows the compression? Is it flooding at all?

Well I couldn't get it running, so I checked the compression, and I'm about 65-75 all the way across, so I pulled it and I was going to replace the rings. I'll look for blowby when I tear it down.

Paulyester
03-25-2007, 10:27 AM
:agree:

Is that something that can be replaced from the auto parts store, or will I have to find a new pump somewhere?

SpaCityZuki
03-25-2007, 10:35 AM
I noticed the samething on my Kick the lasttime I changed my oil! Wasnt real strong gas smell but it was there.. I have plans on changing my fuel pump before long anyway because my gauge is off and I wanted to try and fix that..

Hopefully This will cure the gas in oil also!!

Itsmejoe231
03-25-2007, 10:40 AM
I noticed the samething on my Kick the lasttime I changed my oil! Wasnt real strong gas smell but it was there.. I have plans on changing my fuel pump before long anyway because my gauge is off and I wanted to try and fix that..

Hopefully This will cure the gas in oil also!!

Your kick does not have the mechanical pump like the 1.3 so that would not be the problem on you motor.

Itsmejoe231
03-25-2007, 10:42 AM
You should be able to get them from the local auto parts store. IIRC they are some where around $70.

Is that something that can be replaced from the auto parts store, or will I have to find a new pump somewhere?

kamikaze
03-25-2007, 11:10 AM
those compression numbers are way to low. thats worse than rebuild numbers lol.. sorry for the "fuel" on your fire.

Catfishblues
03-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Yup. If you've got compression numbers below 125, it's amazing it even ran! You'll need a complete overhaul, including boring and oversize pistons to fix that crap! The fuel pump isn't going to do much for you right now.

SpaCityZuki
03-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Your kick does not have the mechanical pump like the 1.3 so that would not be the problem on you motor.

Joe, So any ideas what the deal would be on mine? I still want to pull my fuel pump and try to fix my gas gauge being off if possible.. I plan on a rebuild later this year hopefully, if my new project doesnt take all my funds:)

P.S. Sorry for the hijack!!

Itsmejoe231
03-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Joe, So any ideas what the deal would be on mine? I still want to pull my fuel pump and try to fix my gas gauge being off if possible.. I plan on a rebuild later this year hopefully, if my new project doesnt take all my funds:)

P.S. Sorry for the hijack!!

Sending unit and fuel pump are seperate but, they are both mounted in the fuel tank. I dont know what you can do to fix the fuel gauge being off other that repalcing the sending unit.

Not to sure about how you would be getting fuel in your oil with FI and electric fuel pump they usually dont do that unless you are running to rich and you have a lot of un-burnt fuel, the other cenerio mentioned above.

SpaCityZuki
03-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Sending unit and fuel pump are seperate but, they are both mounted in the fuel tank. I dont know what you can do to fix the fuel gauge being off other that repalcing the sending unit.

Not to sure about how you would be getting fuel in your oil with FI and electric fuel pump they usually dont do that unless you are running to rich and you have a lot of un-burnt fuel, the other cenerio mentioned above.

Thx Joe! I was just going to replace the pump with an aftermarket one since I was going to pull the tank to replace the sending unit! I'm jus going to drive the piss out of it till rebuild time! :)

zachatola
03-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Not to HiJack the thread but what is a good number to see on a zuk. My 1.3 is at about 100-110 or so but that is BONE COLD. Since my carb is having issues like the PO tore everything to make it run off so im going to go the MY-FI road. Although im a bit worried about the compression im seeing. I know your suppose to test it when its warm, but im wondering what kinda rough numbers a cold motor should see?

Paulyester
03-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Yup. If you've got compression numbers below 125, it's amazing it even ran! You'll need a complete overhaul, including boring and oversize pistons to fix that crap! The fuel pump isn't going to do much for you right now.

It doesn't run, that's why I was checking the compression. I noticed the fuel in the oils when I was draining it to pull the motor.

Paulyester
03-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Not to HiJack the thread but what is a good number to see on a zuk. My 1.3 is at about 100-110 or so but that is BONE COLD. Since my carb is having issues like the PO tore everything to make it run off so im going to go the MY-FI road. Although im a bit worried about the compression im seeing. I know your suppose to test it when its warm, but im wondering what kinda rough numbers a cold motor should see?

X2 on this. What kind of numbers should you expect from a bone cold motor?

zachatola
03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
anyone??

dwkremer
03-29-2007, 11:08 AM
In the winter, if you let you engine idle for long periods of time to warm up, you will get gas in the oil.

I do not think you want compression numbers lower than 165.

Billjohn
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
The FSM doesn't show a 'hot' or 'cold' difference. It just says that the standard should be at 199psi and the service point should be when it gets down to 170psi. No more than 14.2psi difference between cylinders.

flea
03-29-2007, 03:21 PM
i always suspect the rings if it smells like gas.