PDA

View Full Version : zero clearance motor or not?

jakesz28
03-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I have 2 zuki's and had a problem on the one with the 1.3 and the timing belt. If you break a belt is there clearnce for the valves or is the head toast?

Billjohn
03-24-2007, 11:03 AM
A stock 1.3 is a non-interference motor. Snap a belt and no damage.

jakesz28
03-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Cool. Now why can't I get this thing running. I hope that carb isn't junk. I hate webers and it was only on it for 3-4 months. I changed distributers, has spark won't idle or rev smooth.

Billjohn
03-24-2007, 11:57 AM
The weber is a mechanical carb... no computer to compensate for other problems. If everything else isn't perfect it will not run right. Check everything else first before screwing with the carb (plugs, wires, cap & rotor, timing, etc).

{edit - I'm not a Weber guru, that's why I'm researching and trying to learn everything I can before add it to the mix on the new project.)

TatorZuk
03-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Cool. Now why can't I get this thing running. has spark won't idle or rev smooth.

Did you double check your timing belt marks after the install???

jakesz28
03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Yes it was running fine at first then started running rough. By the time I got home it wouldn't rev up or idle so I checked to make sure the marks lined up. Looked good. I can get it to start by pumping the h-ll out of it. But have to keep it revved to the moon or it dies. I changed distributers and it does the same thing.

dangerclose05
04-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Pull the fuel line off the carb, remove the coil wire and have someone crank the engine. watch the fuel line while it is being cranked, you should see fuel spurting out on every second revolution. If not, you got a bad fuel pump. That sound like the problem.

Troll
04-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Just be sure the coil wire isnt by the fuel line................ :jumping:

shorty
04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh but why? Those make the bestestest videos... toast

jakesz28
04-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Pull the fuel line off the carb, remove the coil wire and have someone crank the engine. watch the fuel line while it is being cranked, you should see fuel spurting out on every second revolution. If not, you got a bad fuel pump. That sound like the problem.

I may give that a try. This was to be a parts sami. But I put a timing belt and new weber on it drove it for about 3 months. Now it is just sitting there.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l211/jakesz28/Picture242.jpg

I wouldn't mind using it for a work car again this summer.

my87zuk
04-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes it was running fine at first then started running rough. By the time I got home it wouldn't rev up or idle so I checked to make sure the marks lined up. Looked good. I can get it to start by pumping the h-ll out of it. But have to keep it revved to the moon or it dies. I changed distributers and it does the same thing.

Mine had this same issue. and it was snapin my timing belt. i ended up needin a new head. mine turned out that the cam was seizing up once in a while.

my87zuk
04-14-2007, 11:31 PM
i think the revin it in mine just kept all the oils and bearings kinda hot. cuz that was the only way it wouldnt snap the timing belt.

jakesz28
08-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Well I had some time and came back to this beast. Well I overlooked the easiest thing and should in roll in idiots 101. The carb adapter came loose. Guess what I will be driving to work again.

It still has 170 lbs of compresion per cylinder. I couldn't beleave that.