PDA

View Full Version : need some help..again....please

felixnstiches
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
check it out, my stock carb is toast, and after a few days of talking with my suzuki guru...junkyard john...he told me we could rebuild the carb, but temporay fix for a bigger problem....so he said i could go out and get a 1.6 8v and swap stuff...but i i decided to go to a 16v just do it now...and save money...okay so i thought about it for a week and decided....i'll spend the money to do the 16v swap...I already know what i need to get it done, but just wondering who I should go though to get the adapter plate...i really don't want to go though cal monkey, but they are the only place that i know of that has what i need....money is a big player so i'm looking to spend about 150 to 250 for the complete thing (hopefully it includes new fuel pump) here is a small list
1. TBI or EFI injector(s)
2. Wiring harness from donor vehicle
3. The sending unit from the gas tank of the donor
vehicle. (this also gives you the fuel pump needed for
the FI)
4. The computer from the donor vehicle.
5. A 1.6L 16v engine as well as a adapter
6. the speedometer from the donor vehicle.
7. all the sensors from under the hood of the donor
vehicle.
9. Alot of time (about 2 weeks)
10. approx $200.00 for the parts
11. OPTIONAL - a spare Zuk wiring harness

am i missing anything? fixing the wire's and redoing that wont be too hard, considering i want to be more hands on witheverything this time around...but someone please tell me where to get an adapater plate

Tweeder
03-21-2007, 05:25 PM
i believe bobby (la-1 performance) got his from Trail Tough.

billsbar
03-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I see them on e-bay all the time

87sammy
03-21-2007, 10:01 PM
petro works its 260.. but its the best one in my opinion

wheresmyhat
03-23-2007, 02:04 PM
petro works its 260.. but its the best one in my opinion

X2 although I have not used any other venders for this kit but by looking at it I would spend the money for it again.