View Full Version : need help

03-16-2007, 12:39 AM
okay check it out i got a 1986 sammy, with a metro block,...its carbed and right now the carb is pretty much toast from what i told...it is my dd and i was told that there was a bunch of water in the gas as well as it in the carb and filter...i want to go with FI, I can get a 97 tracker FI 16v but from what i told its not smogable, i can get the complete car with everything, its from my work (pick n pull) and i am wondering what do i need to do to make it smogable? if not should i go with a geo metro fi and cut a hold in the hood and put on a "reversable" hood scoop...where i can just have it as cowl induction...or flip it for insta cold air?....i really need it up and running, and i'm tired of my carb its always going out, so should i try with the 97 tracker or go for a metro FI and be unquie?

03-16-2007, 12:42 AM
from what i am told, you cannot smog a car in california that has a different engine (in your case it would be going from carb to FI), and from what i am told is that if you put in a 1.6L and put the carbed head back on it the guys who smog the car cant recognize the difference in the engine

desert runner
03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
maybe look into propane.I know in alot of states if you run propane your truck will be smog exempt.You just have to check it out for Cali.

03-16-2007, 10:37 PM
i'm too cheap for propane, If i cant get it at pick n pull its not worth it...lol remember i am a die hard zuker...i don't spend money unless i have to...dan drop pitman arm...oh by the way does anyone have a spare drop pitman arm they are willing to sell me for cheep? like 20 or so? sorry people