"Cams

Here at Hawk Strictly Suzuki we are big in
cams. We have a wide variety for you to choose
from, or we can special make any cam for any
application. Call us!

Here are some of the more popular models:

New Stock "OEM" $99 w/o core

Phase 1 torquer "
ok, im looking at rebuilding my 1.3L. that being said what is the benefit (if any) of upgrading my cam? is it needed? if i plan on having it bored to 0.40 and hopefully get all the right parts (in the rebuild kit) would going with something like this cam give me any better performance? yeah i know 1.3L? performance? im just looking at doing the cheapest upgrade i can afford. limited knowledge and tools dictate a affordable and "easier" rebuild. any suggestions are welcomed. also have in mind that i have NEVER rebuilt an engine. so i plan on going REAL slow and steady.
thanks guys and gals

TEXCRAWLER
01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Not to speak for everyone but I've never had any good luck w/aftermarket cams. Port n polish that head and buy you a header. bigok

captain insano
01-30-2007, 11:38 AM
I just rebuilt my 1.3 (std bore) this past fall and threw a hawk torquer cam in there. It depends on what you want to do w/ your zuk. The cam is out of the ban between 3-4000 rpm. It definitely pulls better in the lower rpms than the stock cam. Hope this helps.

you can always call. I spoke w/ the owner (Rick?) and he's super cool and more importantly, he knows his stuff.

fuctzookis.a.
01-30-2007, 11:55 AM
thanks guys. kinda sounds like i should just rebuild and dont get too insane as far as trying to improve it.
hey captain- dont know what your referring to when u mentioned the ban? remember im an idiot when it comes to engines...

madzukr
01-30-2007, 12:09 PM
I just rebuilt my 1.3 (std bore) this past fall and threw a hawk torquer cam in there. It depends on what you want to do w/ your zuk. The cam is out of the ban between 3-4000 rpm. It definitely pulls better in the lower rpms than the stock cam. Hope this helps.

you can always call. I spoke w/ the owner (Rick?) and he's super cool and more importantly, he knows his stuff.

yes i'll second that.
rick and cindy hawkins are great peoples.and will help anyway they can.
i talked to rick several times(about 2-3hrs together)before ever buying anything from him and he never once said he had to go .
and yes,he knows his zuks.bigok

jackson
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
i run that torquer cam in my1.3.the problem is i never drove my sammy without it as the sammy was a total project when i got it.maybe someone can explain the billet part to me though as mine isnt.my sammy pulls great in 2nd around 3grand.

madzukr
01-30-2007, 11:06 PM
i run that torquer cam in my1.3.the problem is i never drove my sammy without it as the sammy was a total project when i got it.maybe someone can explain the billet part to me though as mine isnt.my sammy pulls great in 2nd around 3grand.

correct me if i'm wrong.
i was told it is one solid peice of material.

hillbilly
01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
These are good people to deal with. www.deltacam.com I think they do all the cams for everyone except isky.It's only like $56.00 for a regrind with a 3 day turn around.Dont be afraid a cam change is always a good thing.bigok

fuctzookis.a.
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
arent all cams ground/ milled from one piece of metal???? i would imagine with the centrifical forces applied to the cam that anything else would just fail? could be wrong.... thanks hillbilly for the lead. i want cost friendly aprts not sacrificing quality. does that make sense?

hillbilly
01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
does that make sense?
Yes it does.Most cams are ground from a cast blank others are ground from a forged blank.The only billet cams we ever used were for VERY high rpm eng's.Only rollers.Delta does a very nice job on their cams.And why pay someone to middle man the price up bye 50%?bigok

fuctzookis.a.
01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks Hillbilly.... I Wrote Them For More Info. Hoefully They Carry What I Need For A Good Price.....

hillbilly
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks Hillbilly.... I Wrote Them For More Info. Hoefully They Carry What I Need For A Good Price.....
They do.Just tell them what you need.bigok