PDA

View Full Version : alot of motor work

grandma
01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I have to pull my motor out to fix some broken off pieces of the block where the transmission bolts to it and while its out I'm going to be fixing some other stuff. I'm leaking oil from the distributor, so that needs a new o ring. The water pump is leaking so I have to find out whats with that, if I need a new one or just a gasket. the front and I believe rear main seals are leaking, maybe the cam shaft seal also. About a 3rd of the oil pan bolts a stripped out also so I need a new gasket and have to retap some of the holes. I'm also going to replace the timing belt and adjust the valves. I have an electric fan that I might just throw in there also while I have the radiator out. I have never pulled a motor out of a vehicle before but I have out of buggys, so it shouldnt be too different. I have also never changed any of those seals our have done a valve adjustment. So if there are any tricks or tips anyone has for me that would be greatly appreciated. Also if there is anything else I should check out while the motor is out and I'm doing all this that would help also. I might need to change the clutch also, depends on how bad it is.

IH454SSII
01-27-2007, 08:14 PM
if you are changing the timing belt i would change the water pump wether it is leaking or not. it is almost guaranteed to go out 6 months later.

jackson
01-27-2007, 08:43 PM
the seals arent that bad to do.the valve lash is well done on izook and others im sure.i had to keep pulling and dis. my 1.3 and now that its burned into my head its comically simple.use one of the autostore manuals or the real one and you will be golden.i think the best tip is in disassembly with taking pictures,using tape and numbers to mark each line and wire with corresponding numbers.good luck you will be fine.rockonn