PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injection from a swift??for my 1.3L

Touz
01-21-2007, 09:43 AM
hi guys..I'm thinking to getting rid of my crappy pony carb and tough about goin to swift FI..
what do you think??
is the intake will work with the samurai disty..and if later I would like to swap a kick 1.6 8v will it be ok to keep the swift FI
is there a year that is better than others??
Is there a difference betwen a 1.3tbi and 1.6 tbi intake manifold??(like bigger runners,better flow??)
any tips on the swap??popcornn

I know it has been discuted before but I need to have your opinion.

:happy Thanks!

zukking01
01-21-2007, 02:10 PM
I think you would be able to run a 1.3 swift on the sammy motor but I think you would need the new distributor because they have electronics on them and the swift motor has a dist. that would go into your firewall from what I have heard. THat might be different when putting the swift dist. on a sammy motor though. I also think you would be able to run it on a 1.6 because people who have factory EFI on their sammy swap a 1.6 in with the stock 1.3 and dont have problems. Go for it and do a great write-up. I would follow it.

Touz
01-22-2007, 04:45 PM
ok...butt do you think that even if I take an old swift (like 1990) the samy dist will not be identical??

but could I take the same idea with a kick 1.6?? just swap the efi "stuff" on my 1.3 ?
or Maybe the whole 1.6 head??worth it??
better flow butt bigger conbustion chamber??

and if you find a good thread on this...give me the link!:happy

and please don't says "swap the whole 1.6,or get a webber.."please

thank:jumping:

zukking01
01-22-2007, 06:12 PM
could I take the same idea with a kick 1.6?? just swap the efi "stuff" on my 1.3 ?
or Maybe the whole 1.6 head??worth it??

Swapping the 1.6 8v head onto a 1.3 is a great way to get EFI and more power. THere is a place that sells rebuilt 1.6 heads to go onto a 1.3 Somebody might know but they introduce them in level 1-5 of power.

Back to topic. Swap a 1.6 head onto your 1.3 and use the 1.6 EFI and you will gain power from the head and the injection. I think you will be pleased with the difference.

Touz
01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
ok thanks...but I live in Quebec city so your part vendor is surely far away from my house....but I'll get the whole thing in a junk yard.no problemo!

but litle problemo:
The 1.6 head is bigger so it will yeild less compression. You would be better off with the 1.3 head it is smaller so it will yield more compression. More compression=more HP.

People use the 1.3 head on 1.6 engines for more compression.....more HP.

but I heard the valves are bigger.
and if I deck my 1.6 head(to get more compressionun)would I be able to get the same compression than the 1.3 but with the bigger valves

you're great zukking01!!!!! Rock on!
thanks!:dance:

zukking01
01-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I heard the valves are bigger.
and if I deck my 1.6 head(to get more compressionun)would I be able to get the same compression than the 1.3 but with the bigger valves:

The valves on the 1.6 are bigger but Itsmejoe231 knows his stuff. Maybe Itsmejoe231 would shed more light on this for all of us. I thought the 1.6 head was leaps better than the 1.3 head but there might be more to it than just swapping heads.

No idea what you are talking about "deck my 1.6 head" Please help me with this phrase.

Billjohn
01-23-2007, 02:12 PM
No idea what you are talking about "deck my 1.6 head" Please help me with this phrase.

Decking, or shaving the head is flipping it over and milling a few thousands off the mating surface to clean up any warpage that might have happened due to overheating. It will also give you a little more compression.

Touz
01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
thanks billjohn!! any tough on the swap??

and a guys that know swift verry well says than i can modifie my samy disty to be like the swift one...so I'll be ok just with the 1.3!

I'll get the whole head since mine is not in great shape!

any tips on the swaps!!

itsmejoe231??anybody??

thanks a lot!!popcornn

zukking01
01-23-2007, 11:41 PM
I would buy gaskets for the head, intake, exhaust, and valve cover. THese are usually overlooked untill last second. Check and make sure the timing belt will match up. Lots of little things come up so be ready to have this take longer than expected.

catzuk
02-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I did this several years ago. Still running strong!! I used a 91 swift FI without the EGR crap. I didn't have to do anything to my sammy distributor. I just used the two wires off of it and wired it right in.

I used the swift intake and FI. Ran a 90* rubber radiator bend from t-stat houseing to a metal 90* bend. Then used a stock swift upper rad hose to the rad. Is a sweet set-up. Runs great at all angles!!!

Working on my subsription now so will be able to post pics soon. Can e-mail if needed.

Heres a link to a buildup of mine. Has a few pics of my FI.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518307&highlight=fuel+injection

ShuDuck
02-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi, I have this too and it is great

http://www.zuwharrie.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11313/P1010029small.JPG

Another link for you with some pics of mine:

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,47217.0/all.html

BTW I also used the stock 1.3 dist, just hooked up the stock wires to the swift-harness. good luck :happy

billsbar
02-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi, I have this too and it is great

http://www.zuwharrie.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11313/P1010029small.JPG

Another link for you with some pics of mine:

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,47217.0/all.html

BTW I also used the stock 1.3 dist, just hooked up the stock wires to the swift-harness. good luck :happy

man I bet you go thru a lot of oil with that setup :rofl:

ShuDuck
02-02-2007, 09:57 AM
what? have I forgotten something? :rofl:

Touz
02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
man I bet you go thru a lot of oil with that setup :rofl:

haha lol!:jumping:

thanks a lot guys!!!!

needed just a few more confirmation from people that it is a good thingd to do

(thanks to zuking01 for helping me at first:happy )

did you notice more power????(please...bigok )I really need more!

so how about wiring?? you get the whole swift things and drop it in the samy??
I think i'll do like 2 harness : one for the engine and the others for light,heater(the stock zuk harness)

wich wire do you have to mix with the zuk harness?

thanks for your help smokin

I finally got some reading do do!!popcornn

catzuk
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Not many wires to share. Just don't forget the VSS to the back of the speedo. Can do without it, but hook it up for best performance. Check engine light if you want it in the original cluster. Keyed power., constant power, and Grounds. The rest I believe go just from the ECU to the throttle body. Oh, and the o2 sensor.

Personally, I did notice a power difference. Not major, but some. Fuel milage went up too. The best part was when I was wheeling and couldn't stall it. Even on its side and even upside down. Was real nice at altitude, and it didn't sputter while making technical climbs up a ledge or large rocks. Its soooooooo worth it, IMO!!!!!

Touz
02-12-2007, 05:35 PM
thanks a lot....I really need to find a donor car and do this thing!!!

but the only thing I don't understand is th vss stuff.my samy(and yours also I think) use a speedo cable hooked up to the t case and goes in the back of the cluster.why the swift vss should be installed in the zuk cluster??even with the FI the speed will be identical......popcornn

I don't get it???

thanks a lot guys!!!

I will do it for sure when the weather gets warmer( I'm from quebec city and WE have real winter.....:funny: )

thanks!
touz

ShuDuck
02-12-2007, 05:46 PM
The Swift also has wire-driven speedo. The vvs sends signals to the ECM, the faser the speedometer spins, there is a faster rate of signals. But what it really does Im not sure of :mrgreen: Might be something about fuel and air mix at speed that are different

And another great thing about it is that cold weather is no problem, been COLD here the last week and it starts up and runs great bigok

Touz
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
ok thanks!!

It send signal to the ecm.....to ?????

I HATE MY CARB!!!whip :angry:

it suck!

so please help me to get rid of it!!!

thanks a lot guys!

ShuDuck
02-15-2007, 12:08 PM
It send signal to the ecm.....to ?????

Not sure of what you ask for.. But Just hook the yellow/Green from the ECM to the VVS. And the ground the other side of the VVS

take a look at these

http://terrengbil.com/zuki/tech/fi/swiftelecschematic.pdf
http://terrengbil.com/zuki/tech/fi/swiftvacdiagram.pdf
http://terrengbil.com/zuki/tech/fi/emissiondiagrams.pdf

rolly
02-17-2007, 09:57 PM
hi guys from NEW ZEALAND
ive got a 1.3ltr 16 valve 2002 suki moter in my truck and mate it gets off its ass, mind you it does go through a wee bit more gas but its all good

Touz
02-18-2007, 10:54 AM
Not sure of what you ask for....

ok sorry but I was asking why is there a signal from the vss to the ecu???for what purpose????

does'nt matters......looking for a swift in my city.....still loking for a cheap one:happy

thanks a lot!rockonn

catzuk
02-19-2007, 01:37 PM
I believe that it uses that signal with other signals, MAP, O2, ect... and makes a mathematical map to properly fire the injector pulse. Something to that effect anyway.

Don't forget to get the fuel pump block off plate from the donor car! Since you won't be useing the mechanical one anymore.

I used a 91 swift that didn't have the EGR crap on it. I don't know if they all didn't have that or just some non cali ones. Happy hunting!!!

Matt
03-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Update us yo! popcornn

Touz
04-01-2007, 11:39 AM
sorry bro's but the project of the 1.3efi is almost dead.......cause I'm Maybe getting a whole 1991 kick for my 1.6 swap.....so no 1.3efi

sorry guys.

but I learned much on this subject....

you can restart my post If you have questions...feel free to ask.I'l try to help!

thanks guys!!keep on zuking!!:happy