View Full Version : Vote for October MOM 2012

redbeard
11-19-2012, 02:17 PM
the nominations are

stafford01
Zuki87jx
metal leg
JRNM

there will be no polling officials and everyone can vote. but you can vote only once. :happy

I can already assure you all I will be way more excited by the outcome of this election than the ones from earlier this month 2finger

dadstoybox
11-19-2012, 02:58 PM
we need to consult the U.N on this election and it's proceedings.

jenyus
11-19-2012, 03:00 PM
morally, youre required to vote for the black guy

jethrobodean
11-19-2012, 06:31 PM
My vote will be for sale to the highest bidder as of midnight tonight. I accept cash, parts, and 3 forms of livestock as payment. Good luck bidding gentlemen. bigok

And I know 3 of the 4, didn't picture #4 as a black guy, but I've been wrong before. :funny:

dadstoybox
11-19-2012, 11:53 PM
the race has been called off due to issues with the black guy. he didn't show up for the race

jenyus
11-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Haha this thread is going downhill

rockmike
11-29-2012, 05:38 PM
the race has been called off due to issues with the black guy. he didn't show up for the race

hes in route...sorry for the delay,he was ingrossed in a bucket of FMNC

:mrgreen:

dadstoybox
11-29-2012, 09:48 PM
we're all going to hell and Mikes leading the way :funny::funny::funny::rofl:

jethrobodean
11-29-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll bring the marshmallows. bigok

dadstoybox
11-29-2012, 10:21 PM
why,Mike will just weinerize them

jethrobodean
11-29-2012, 10:32 PM
No, they're the fullsize ones. He only goes after the midget ones. :mrgreen:

daverbmxer
11-30-2012, 12:14 AM
I've been debating about suggesting this each month for the last year.. Would it be possible to have the person's avatar picture next to their username in the first post? It's much easier for me to recall a person based off of the picture than just text.

dadstoybox
11-30-2012, 12:16 AM
you could just look at their profile,much easier to do then have Andy add pictures when he barley has extra time to do what he does here.

daverbmxer
11-30-2012, 12:20 AM
So each person has to search for that user name, waiting 30 seconds between each search, finding a thread they posted in, and then finally locating their avatar? I don't mean to be argumentative towards you, but it seems like if 1 person did the work then everyone else wouldn't need to.

dadstoybox
11-30-2012, 12:27 AM
guess that's the new American way,let someone else do the work. it's really not that big a deal to go to search,plug in their user name or simply look at their profile.

daverbmxer
11-30-2012, 12:45 AM
I suppose the same could be said about the old American way then.. inefficient and resistant to change.

jenyus
11-30-2012, 01:02 AM
$10 on dadstoybox

dadstoybox
11-30-2012, 01:31 AM
you do not want to go political with me. that is exactly the problem with American society today. let someone else do it,make the decisions,make the changes. look where it has gotten us now. until men have the back bone our fore fathers had this country will continue to free fall to hell ran but the corrupt individuals that heartless,spineless,gutless wonders of modern day generations have voted for and placed in control of our once great nation. bending and giving to every whine bags whimper and accepting all whether you wanted to or not because it was shoved down your throat is what has ruined this nation.

daverbmxer
11-30-2012, 01:54 AM
You're right, I don't want to go political with you. I was merely making a suggestion, which I still think makes sense, and you started slamming the new generation. I can see your point, if redbeard doesn't have much time and he can't do it, then fine. Surely someone could do it and he could copy and paste it in to the first post for the benefit of everyone though. It's not like we're taking the easy way out by doing that, it just makes sense. But if the change isn't needed it's not a big deal; If I don't recognize the people, I just won't vote.

phloop
11-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Well, there ya go. You can be the one to add the pictures to the thread, give you something constructive to do, as it seems like your the only one that needs avatars to recognize a board member by.

jenyus
11-30-2012, 02:33 AM
I think it's a worthwhile suggestion but there's also an easier way to do it. I'm waiting on joe to get me some log in credentials for the site to make some changes and we could pretty easily change the MOM polls to automatically pull the avatar, username and profile link from the database. Make everyone happy and not cause any extra work for anyone.

mtnbound
11-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Now back to our regular scheduled VOTING

done:neenerbigok

jethrobodean
11-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Wait.....

What if they change their avatar mid vote?

Or if there are duplicate avatars? I KNOW that zuki69abc & Metal lag above are BOTH currently considering running the same picture of a pig in mud boots. I mean, who doesn't like a pig in mud boots? Or what if someone people ACTUALLY like has the same avatar as me? I'd hate for that poor sap to not catch a vote cause people think he's me

A responsible voter verifies their candidate, based on their decision for voting for said candidate. (political OR MOM 2finger ) So I'd say the best "Help" offered would just be a link to the candidates profile page.

zuki87jx
11-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Here's mine

<<<<

popcornn

BLOODBANE
11-30-2012, 09:11 AM
I weep for the future. I'm sure glad Im teaching my kids how to be self supportive (that means doing things for themselves).
If you don't recognize a candidate, then you probably shouldn't vote for them. This was a tough choice for me because I have bantered back and forth with all of them. I don't need a picture to remember who's who. I don't need links either.
I'm also glad to see something as simple as the MOM, go straight to hell over something so trivial. Well played. Well played.

jrnm
11-30-2012, 10:41 AM
and in political fairness, here is mine. LOL The member of the month is highly overrated in my opinion, I appreciate people thinking enough of me to nominate and vote for me. I remember some of the fusses that have occured over the MOM.

redbeard
11-30-2012, 01:58 PM
I like MOM and I like doing it. MOM is just for fun. Well that letting everyone know you are a little more awesome than you already were for the next month. but mainly fun. I think maybe a link to there User CP would be good.

We got a close race here, so lets stay on topic and get some more votes in. Remember guys vote early vote often :)

mtnbound
11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
I like MOM and I like doing it. MOM is just for fun. Well that letting everyone know you are a little more awesome than you already were for the next month. but mainly fun. I think maybe a link to there User CP would be good.

We got a close race here, so lets stay on topic and get some more votes in. Remember guys vote early vote often :)

I can only vote once :(

redbeard
11-30-2012, 05:42 PM
we can all only vote once. bigok

jrnm
11-30-2012, 07:44 PM

I understand, I just don't like being in the spotlight. Everyone is watching you then.

Stafford01
11-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I mean how can you miss two monkeys doing the dirty.

jethrobodean
11-30-2012, 08:19 PM
:funny: I saw that pre-edit

Stafford01
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
In all honesty I don't see why my name is put up. Yes I do help in the tech threads and all the PM's I get. But I havn't put 100% into this site like I usto. It has totally flipped around from the Zukikrawlers I remember. Having barely any mods has let the stupid people thrive and drag this place down. If we could get more mods that are here more then this place could thrive and become the better zk like the old days. If I win
Mom then that's awesome but I honestly don't feel I gave put the effort into deserving the title.

Stafford01
11-30-2012, 08:32 PM
I think it's a worthwhile suggestion but there's also an easier way to do it. I'm waiting on joe to get me some log in credentials for the site to make some changes and we could pretty easily change the MOM polls to automatically pull the avatar, username and profile link from the database. Make everyone happy and not cause any extra work for anyone.

As for new mods, your one of the last few people that I would think would be a moderator. There has been some of the best people on here willing to go 110% and be a mod but get shot down and run off. One including me. But that's how I feel About that issue and leave it at that

zorproducts
11-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Looking forward to a new improved ZK. Keep it going guys! Good job Andy!

MY

jenyus
12-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Staff, I don't think I'm gonna be a moderator, I'm just going to be at whatever level I need to be to fix the website. there are just things on the site that need fixing an I'm willing and able to do that. I'm a webdeveloper and have the SQL, PHP and vbulletin experience to help out. I'm just doing this to help improve the site that had helpe me so much. No hard feelings? Its not like I'm being honore or granted an award, I've done nothing to deserve that, just trying to give back to the ZK community the best way I can.

jenyus
12-01-2012, 02:09 AM
In all honesty I don't see why my name is put up. Yes I do help in the tech threads and all the PM's I get. But I havn't put 100% into this site like I usto. It has totally flipped around from the Zukikrawlers I remember. Having barely any mods has let the stupid people thrive and drag this place down. If we could get more mods that are here more then this place could thrive and become the better zk like the old days. If I win
Mom then that's awesome but I honestly don't feel I gave put the effort into deserving the title.

What's wrong with ZK? I think it's great, great community, great people, you've helped me and many others out a lot, Staf. Compared to pirate4x4 and jeep forum this place is great. How have stupid people drug it down? I promise not to be stoopid!

Stafford01
12-01-2012, 08:42 AM
That would be awesome jenyus. We do need some fixing with zk. All it would take is some mods and somebody willing to Put the effort out there.

As for the stupid people comment if you haven't realized who those people are your not visiting some Of the threads I have seen. This place is still the best people, best tech and some of the best rigs I have seen on the net.

Reddog1
12-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Can't we just all get along. :-(

Being a Moderator is a very unique responsibility. It can be very time consuming. You are usually said to be wrong, when you delete or edit a post. The Forum Rules must be very clear, or you will constantly be bombarded with complaints. Even when they are clear, you are bombarded by why they should be changed. New members are frequently experts on what the Forum should be. As a moderator, you must work with people (Forum Members) who are having a bad day, depressed, and some are just plain negative people. Bullies really take up your time, as does the all knowing member think they have the only answer. Sometimes you must judge if someone is flaming, or simply making a point. That can be tough.

I have been, and am currently, a Moderator on what is probably the largest RV Forum. I have been a Moderator there for about six or seven years. I was recruited. It is a real challenge.

As a forum member, I fully understand the same subjects will come up over and over again. Personally I use the search feature almost daily, but I find through asking a question there may be updates. If only the search is used, would there ever be any new posts? When is the last time you saw a post on anything not posted many times before?

I think it is great when I see detailed posts on how something was done. Many have been doing the Forum so long, you tend to forget everyone does not have your experience. I encourage you to post up, that is what makes a Forum great, in my opinion. I can honestly say I have learned more from this Forum than any other, when it comes to my Samurai. There are far less assholes here also, and no regulars (:)) you can count on, in my opinion.

Let the flames began.

Wayne

Animal78
12-02-2012, 09:05 AM
I think this place is great. I have been a member of many many forums. This is one of the better ones. Theonly other automotive forum I can honestly say was as informative isn't even around anymore. Turbo D16. I loved that one. I met some of the best people there. This forum is awesome and in most cases extremely helpful.

zorproducts
12-02-2012, 09:15 AM
ZK is great, no arguements there. Just needs some work to update old banners and someone to step in when stupidity visits.

redbeard
12-03-2012, 12:31 AM
congrats stafford. I will be sending you the 20 questions form. When it is returned I will start a new congratulatory thread.

bigok