PDA

View Full Version : not sure about valve cover vent

zukdrvr
01-19-2007, 07:19 AM
can i have it set up with just a 8inch attached to the valve cover then a little APC style breather on the end?

jbzukin
01-19-2007, 07:34 AM
that is what I have on mine. the pvc valve broke off during some work on it so I just plugged the hole and then ran a hose from the valve cover and put a small filter on the end of it. you do get some oil smell from time to time but other than that I have had no problems.
when I build my snorkel I am going to run the line and filter into the ducting that way it ends up back into the engine simmiliar to the way the pvc systen would have worked anyway.

supazuk
01-19-2007, 07:52 AM
can i have it set up with just a 8inch attached to the valve cover then a little APC style breather on the end?
does it have to pass mass emisions? if so no

zukdrvr
01-19-2007, 02:54 PM
ok i took it to get inspected today and i failed emissions, the only part that failed was the carbon monoxide at idle and it was 3 times the limit but everything else passed fine, by the way it was a 2 speed idle test because my swampers would have jumped off the dyno2finger

zukdrvr
01-19-2007, 02:56 PM
ok i took it to get inspected today and i failed emissions, the only part that failed was the carbon monoxide at idle and it was 3 times the limit not sure if its related to the pcv but thats what happened. by the way it was a 2 speed idle test because my swampers would have jumped off the dyno2finger

greg

jbzukin
01-19-2007, 07:11 PM
I am so glad I don't have that emissions crap here.
though I am sure it is coming one day.

zukdrvr
01-19-2007, 07:31 PM
yea emissions suck, but if you know the right people there are ways around it