PDA

View Full Version : where should I get a carb rebuild kit?

DRAGGINZUZU
12-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Theres a place locally who can order it for 50$ but Is there a better place online to get one? Its for a 1.3 samurai
Tony

Itsmejoe231
12-27-2006, 06:58 PM
You can order one here for $25 plus shipping.

It is for the Hitachi carb. AutoZone.com (http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=C001&UserAction=doYMMECatalog&Parameters=Auto+Store%7C%7EREGULAR+PARTS+LOOK+UP%7 C%7ECarburetor+Kit)

DRAGGINZUZU
12-27-2006, 10:52 PM
I only see the one for the gp-sorsen carb. not the hitachi. are the kits the same?

Itsmejoe231
12-27-2006, 11:11 PM
That is one kit. GB-sorsen makes it for the hitachi carb

DRAGGINZUZU
01-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok I got the kit and begun the horrible take apart....none of the screws would come out without the impact scredriver.. Got it down to the float bowl and started to take out the jets to clean.. well I guess the guy before me left out one of the jets the #58 plug-sec slow jet . and the rebuild kit dosent come with these. Do you think thats why it would Idle high? Im gonna put it back together and quit. Theres a place locally that will rebuild it for $159 in 4 hrs that dosent seam like a bad price. concidering I dont have a clue what Im doing.. =)
Tony

savvyaggie
01-03-2007, 03:09 PM
are they hard to rebuild???

DRAGGINZUZU
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
For me ..It seams hard, I was gonna attept it but after getting it apart and all the brackets ,springs,hoses... its overwelming.. I might try to find a carb from a toyota carolla , Or try to get the pony from canada?? Anymore ideas, a Weber or MY-FI isnt in the budget yet..

Itsmejoe231
01-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Find someone with a junker carb and get the jet out of it plus anything else that you might need. I am sure there is someone that has one laying around that doesnt work.

DRAGGINZUZU
01-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Ok now im confused.. the exploded view of the carb that came with the rebuild kit shows 2 jets in the 2ndary slow jet hole and then on the FSM on the ACK's disk it shows only 1. witch is it? if its only one the Im ok, I still might take it to the rebuilder just so I know its done right..

Lav25
01-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Take the carb to a rebuilder!

They are next to near impossible to rebuild unless you have the OEM manual, alot of patience and can follow directions to the letter.

It is very unlikely that someone else actually took it apart and rebuilt it prior to you getting it. The biggest indication is that you have to use an impact driver to get all the screws out.

Beyond that the only other option is to buy a rebuilt carb with a warranty.

The majory problem with the Hitachi carbs is the gaskets used. They are made of cork, and after all these years that stuff rots away and dirties up the carb. Other problems are vacuum leaks, EGR valves being bad, and choke pull off being bad.

Also, if anyone removed the pin and started to adjust the idle screw this would throw the whole thing out of wack. That pin was put in there to keep people from adjusting the carb. The only two adjustments are the hot and cold idle screws next to the throttle linkage.

DRAGGINZUZU
01-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I gave up and bought a weber.. hope it runs

mbronson
06-20-2009, 09:40 PM
i know this is a old thread but i am re-building my carb right now and am also missing the #58 screw...