PDA

View Full Version : High Idle Samurai

DRAGGINZUZU
12-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Ok I did the 1.6 swap with the stock 1.3 carb. I can get It started and It Idleing fine but when I go to drive it it will Idle way up and stay high then I can go back to the carb and just touch the adjustment screws and it will idle back down. but as soon as I drive it again same thing. I need to clean/rebuild my carb its been sitting for 4 yrs. And Im not even sure if it has all the parts to it. What sould I do first? Clean/rebuild, then make sure every vacuum hose is in the right place? ANY body close to Tampa Fl with a sammy I can look at??
TONY

suzota
12-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Is the 1.3 carb going to be big enough for a 1.6??

DRAGGINZUZU
12-10-2006, 10:28 AM
I was told you can swap the whole intake/carb onto the 1.6 . Thats what i did. Im pretty sure its a carb/vacuum problem, Im gonna get a rebuild kit today and see if I can tighten it up. Its just Ive been peicing this thing together and Im not sure if everything is still there, When I started all the screws in the carb were loose??? I know its a turd but I saved it from the scrapper.

zukking01
12-10-2006, 11:02 AM
I was told you can swap the whole intake/carb onto the 1.6 . Thats what i did. Im pretty sure its a carb/vacuum problem, Im gonna get a rebuild kit today and see if I can tighten it up. Its just Ive been peicing this thing together and Im not sure if everything is still there, When I started all the screws in the carb were loose??? I know its a turd but I saved it from the scrapper.

I used the stock carb on the 1.6 and it worked good. I almost think you have crap in your carb and it is messing with it. I would rebuilt it. THe kit costed me $20 every time I have bought it and it has a tear down diagram so you can make sure all your parts are there.

pajaroloco
12-12-2006, 02:57 PM
do you connect the coolant hoses?

DRAGGINZUZU
12-13-2006, 07:48 AM
What kind of carbs are there? I cant find any numbers on it. Maybe when I pull it off, But I cant see any while it on the intake. Im pretty sure it a hitachi? does that sound right. There use to be a write up on ACK's page but all the pics are gone, I guess I'll pull it off look for a number or take it to the parts place for a rebuild kit... My coolant hoses are connected, now if there in the right place I dont know, Can they be reversed?
Tony

pajaroloco
12-13-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't know if the position of the hoses make problem, but I disconected the coolant hoses and get idle problems