PDA

View Full Version : what up with my zook?

ittybitty
12-03-2006, 07:55 PM
alright I just buttoned up my zook after replacing the camshaft and crankshaft seals and resealing the oil pan and adjusting the valve lash and replacing the timing belt. it cranked up first try so I was stoked...it idled up fine and when I gave it gas it revved with no hesitation BUT...by the time I got it on the ground and pulled it outta the garage it was a different story. I started down the street and it flat spotted and the only way it would maintain a higher rpm was to hold the pedal to the floor. if im sitting still and giving it gas...if i feather the gas it will hesitate or want to stall out...but if i get into the gas more than half throttle it does fine...when I try to accelerate from a stop in a normal way it just wants to fall on its face. sometimes when i rev it up it sounds like its skipping a little...but when I do manage to get it driving around it runs great. IM BAFFLED...the only other thing I did notice was that its now decided to leak water from behind the timing cover so Ill have to take it all back apart and figure out whats going on there. I did crawl under it and pinch off the line going into the fuel filter and put the flashlight up to it...waited a few...then released it...it filled up QUICK so Ive kinda eliminated the filter or pump being the problem for now. PLEASE HELP! Ill be posting up the part numbers and some pics to go along with the cam/crank shaft seal replacement.

HotWrench4hire
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM
maby a tooth out on belt? check it close:happy

ittybitty
12-03-2006, 08:26 PM
ok...will be taking it apart tomorrow after work...im done for today...time for some blood and guts Call of Duty 3 to relieve some stress!

ittybitty
12-03-2006, 08:31 PM
while im thinkin about it...do any local parts places carry the cork gasket for the top end of the carb?

zorproducts
12-09-2006, 05:04 PM
I also suspect a tooth off OR believe it or not the 1.3 will run (not vry well) 180 degrees off. Just to be sure your cam alignment mark should be pointing straight down on the cam belt gear and the crank should be at TDC for distributor at number 1. If your distributor is at #4 your 180 off.

Hard gasket to find, make your own out of thin gasket material. You can buy a square foot for cheap.

My

ittybitty
12-09-2006, 07:31 PM
alrighty got it back together and running like a champ once again...just need the water pump now since it decided to start leaking down the front of the block...

ittybitty
12-09-2006, 07:32 PM
oh...it was my cheapness that caused the problem...i had messed up the original cork gasket when i removed the top of the carb to clean it the first time and had opted to try some "gas resistant" gasket maker...come to find out that its not all that resistant and had started running down into the carb and clogging stuff up so i took it back apart and cleaned it out and ordered a cork gasket from zuki...all better

zukking01
12-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Good to hear that it was a cheap and easy fix.