PDA

View Full Version : propane conversion?

zuki07
11-28-2006, 09:13 PM
I am going to convert my 1.3L to propane and was wondering if anybody had a diagram of how the components are hooked together. I have done a lot of research and found the parts that I need but cannot find a good, clear diagram. thanks

mikevyota
12-20-2006, 05:36 PM
GotPropane.com has a Sami kit. I know that's not what you asked for, but they have pics of said kit installed. For $700, it sounds like a deal. Keep us informed!

Mikey
12-20-2006, 05:56 PM
it's really simple, only like 4 pieces to it.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/propane/index.html

2slo
12-22-2006, 10:37 PM
tank to filter to solinoid to regulator to carb. Heater line through regulator.

madzukr
12-22-2006, 10:53 PM
GotPropane.com has a Sami kit. I know that's not what you asked for, but they have pics of said kit installed. For $700, it sounds like a deal. Keep us informed!

one of the guys here is getting one for his zuk.
supposed to be pretty simple to install.

2slo
12-24-2006, 02:01 PM
This is pretty much quoted from the directions. Only difference is the directions have a few pictures of the parts installed.

"tank to filter to solinoid to regulator to carb. Solinoid to switched power. Heater line through regulator."

The directions I left out were the stuff like

"use the bulk head connector to get the propane through the body"

"tie strap the propane line along the old steel line every 8 inches."

I guess since theres not a lot of parts, you don't get a lot of directions. From what I've seen, it looks extremely easy to install.

zuki07
12-24-2006, 03:20 PM
thanks 4 the help guys. im still peiceing it together and will let yall know how everything works out.