PDA

View Full Version : Which Camshaft

mkyhmltn
11-25-2006, 03:08 AM
I am going to get a new camshaft for my 1.3 and was wondering which one people were using and how they like it. Any suggestions?

jbzukin
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing about changing the camin my 1.6.
at any rate this will give this post a bump.
someone has to have some experience with the cams that are available

mkyhmltn
11-26-2006, 02:47 AM
As I have my engine out right now to rebuild it I think now is the best time to do it also. Going .040 over with flat top pistons and converting to the Myfi at the same time. Should run pretty good I think.

86badboy
11-26-2006, 01:19 PM
go with an Isky cam, ive ran three different isky cams in my sbc all of which did what i wanted, but swapping cams is expensive when you add up all the parts to do it.

sounds like you'll already be running premium to hold the detenation back.

i think Roadless Gear sells the isky cam but i cant remember?

mkyhmltn
11-26-2006, 02:22 PM
I was looking at Roadless and it just says that its a billet cam from a reputable manufacturer

hillbilly
11-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Guys! www.deltacam.com $56.00 dollars 3 day turn around!They can give you what ever you want!

86badboy
11-27-2006, 11:42 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there like 10 miles from my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive never ran a regrind......how do they do?

have you ever gone threw them?

hillbilly
12-06-2006, 08:15 PM

I have run regrinds in all kinds of antique car engs. With reground cams the valve train needs to be adjustable.Not a problem on :suzuki: From lookin at how delta does theirs,I'd say they have a very good product! And how about that price! :shocked!: And no waiting! Try gettin a Isky that fast!:rofl:

86badboy
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM
I have run regrinds in all kinds of antique car engs. With reground cams the valve train needs to be adjustable.Not a problem on :suzuki: From lookin at how delta does theirs,I'd say they have a very good product! And how about that price! :shocked!: And no waiting! Try gettin a Isky that fast!:rofl:
i may just cruise down to their shop and see it first hand on my day off, ill tell you what i think

zorproducts
12-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I use to run ISKY in my rigs but now whenever I build any zuk engine I get it locally through AAPA. It is a regrind and hits at lower rpms compared to the ISKY. We need the midrange torgue not 4000 rpm torgue. Tell that to the cam regrind guy by you, he will know what I am talking about.
My

Vagabond
12-27-2006, 02:31 AM
I use to run ISKY in my rigs but now whenever I build any zuk engine I get it locally through AAPA.Who is this AAPA that you speak of?

Bearkat
12-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Asian Auto Parts of Arizona http://www.asianautopartsofaz.com/

I don't see the cam on his site anymore. I talked to Dave about a year ago and he told me that he was trying to move away from selling anything but complete engines.

Someone told me that the cam Dave uses is made by Delta Cam http://www.deltacam.com/. I called them about a year ago as well, and the guy said he knew the specs of the AAPA cam specs. It sound like he can grind anything you want. I am going to talk with Sarge about what he would recommend and will most likely get Delta to grind it for me.

mkyhmltn
12-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Well I ordered the cam from Roadless and it is a Deltacam. I just got back today and it was here waiting for me, along with the rest of my engine parts so I will let everyone know after all is said and done.

hillbilly
12-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Well I ordered the cam from Roadless and it is a Deltacam. I just got back today and it was here waiting for me, along with the rest of my engine parts so I will let everyone know after all is said and done.
If I may ask what did it cost?

mkyhmltn
12-29-2006, 02:54 PM
$125.00

holeshot
12-30-2006, 01:28 AM

A guy at my work as had several cams done there. He said thay do great work.