PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question Asap

DRAGGINZUZU
11-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Im doin a 1.6 swap and i'm using the kit from rocky road and it says to drill a countersink hole in the lower left hole , What hole is the lower left? driver or passenger? im kinda in the middle here. usually it would be the driver right? please help!!!
Tony

john1974
11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Think its driverside.. but better wait for someone who knows! but thats my final answer.. lol

DRAGGINZUZU
11-02-2006, 12:00 PM
WRONG..lol I called them and its the pass side.. so Thats what I did. also it says to use a 9/16 drill bit. have you ever tried to find a 9/16 with a 3/8 shank?.. A 1/2" bit will work if anybody wants to know.... Also does anyone know if your supposed to use the old mounting plate from the 1.3 tranny with the kit cause I didn't use one and it seams theres no gaps anywhere.. the instuctions dont say
Tony

john1974
11-02-2006, 12:15 PM
WRONG..lol I called them and its the pass side.. so Thats what I did. also it says to use a 9/16 drill bit. have you ever tried to find a 9/16 with a 3/8 shank?.. A 1/2" bit will work if anybody wants to know.... Also does anyone know if your supposed to use the old mounting plate from the 1.3 tranny with the kit cause I didn't use one and it seams theres no gaps anywhere.. the instuctions dont say
Tony

lol figures, good to know.

zukking01
11-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I used the 1.6 RR swap kit and if I remember right I had to drill out both bottom holes with a 9/16 to make the holes bigger for the stud on the 1.6 engine. You mount the adapter to the transmission and they you mount the 1.3 flywheel and clutch to the 1.6 block and then you put the two together. Any other questions I would love to help.

jbzukin
11-05-2006, 02:02 PM
you will have to drill a new hole in your trans crossmember as well. don't remember it was in the instructions when I put my 1.6 in. with the adapter plate in it will be 1/4" farther back

DRAGGINZUZU
11-06-2006, 11:33 AM
you will have to drill a new hole in your trans crossmember as well. don't remember it was in the instructions when I put my 1.6 in. with the adapter plate in it will be 1/4" farther back

Is that why I had such a hard tim installing the motor mounts? I put the tranny bolts in first and had a heck of a time lining up the motor mounts, I guess I can go redo it,.Just move the tranny bolt hole back 1/4 "